Issue No. 21 • September 2022
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
Prayer is beyond any question the highest activity of the human soul. Man is at his greatest and highest when upon his knees he comes face to face with God. – Martyn Lloyd-Jones
I. National Prayer Requests
- Pray for love, unity and renewed zeal for the Lord among all Nav staff and contacts in pursuing our UMD.
- Pray for humility before the Lord and with one another as we serve the Lord together.
- Thank God for all the prayer and financial supporters of the Navigator ministry. May the Lord wonderfully bless them in all aspects and grant them remarkable success
- We are raising up funds (1M) for fencing and simple structure on donated property in Cagayan de Oro and Davao City.
- Overseers (Eseng, Randy, Ed Amper, Wency and Ronnie) – ability to focus on developing others as servant leaders in leading local areas
- More leaders for each region.
- Protection for Ronnie and Glo as they visit different local areas all around the country
- Provision for relief and rehabilitation of Odette affected areas
- Provision for the development of Davao and CDO ministry lots (600 and 1,000 sq meters)
- God’s mighty hand in the selection process for the next national leadership (2023-2027) by September 30 — the structure and the right person/people.
- Divine wisdom and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s leading for the Selection Committee members as they process and interview candidates.
- God-glorifying/Christ-centered General Assembly of Navs and CHAI on October 29, and Philnavs National Conference on Oct 30 – Nov 1, 2022.
With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. 2 Thessalonians 1:11
A. Antipolo Nav Community
- JHAST: Sana maging okay na ang pakiramdam ni Shakera, hirap na naman siyang huminga kaya itinakbo ko po sya sa heart center, may panibagong laboratory na kailangan. At sana gabayan din si Jerick ni Lord, kasi baka siya lang mag-isang uuwi.
- ROMEL: Sana gumanda ‘yung pakiramdam ni Nanay, protection sa family at sa pagpasok namin sa school, tsaka sa pag-uwi na rin po ng Ate ko sa bahay.
- ROSEANN: Good health po buong family ko, specially kay Mama na laging nasa labas, sa Asawa ko na laging nasa kalsada protection and guidance sa kanya, gayun na rin sa aking anak na pumapasok sa school at sa mga pamangkin ko na naka face-to-face na rin sa school. Good health din po para sa Ate ko at more blessings sa hanapbuhay ng bawat isa sa amin para matugunan namin lahat ng mga pangangailangan sa araw-araw.
- MUNTING PAARALAN:
- – Guidance and protection for face-to-face tutorial
- – Good weather
- – Guidance and wisdom for the teachers
- WOMEN’s GROUP:
- – Spiritual growth of the group;
- – Guidance and wisdom for the leaders
- YOUNG PROFESSIONALS: To have a schedule for fellowship
- YOUTH MINISTRY:
- – Guidance and wisdom for the leaders
- -. Spiritual growth of the group
- – Good weather for fellowship schedule
- – Guidance, protection and safety
- – Availability despite the start of classes
- COUPLES’ MINISTRY:
- – Guidance and wisdom of leaders
- – To have a closer relationship with fellow couples
- – Spiritual growth of the group
- – Spiritual growth
- – Availability despite of work schedules
- – Wisdom and guidance for the direction of Antipolo Community
B. RTU Navs – Rizal Technological University
- Sheila – Praying for provision and protection sa buong pamilya ko specially sa papa ko weekly travelling Davao to Manila (vice-versa) , and coming LET examination. Praying for my spiritual life, to grow in the knowledge of CHRIST.
- Shane – Praying for my family, love life, and makahanap ng work.
- Sherylyn – Prayers for peace of mind, family’s health and provision, more blessings to come, prayers for health ni lolo, consistency of blessings that I have today, prayers para sa mga nasalanta ng bagyo.
- CJ- Dasal para sa aking pamilya na magkaroon ng malusog na pangangatawan, masayang pamumuhay at ilayo sa kapahamakan.
- Mars – matanggap sa work, LET examination, good health for my parents, healing stage
- Eunice- good health and provision for my family and for everyone, praying for peace of mind, matanggap sa work, Makapasa sa LET exam at sa NAPOLCOM examinations. For my spiritual life, guidance in every path I take and for every decision I make; healing for everyone.
- Tiah – Good environment & relationship in Siena school w/ Co-teachers, students. Protection for my family. Good health & peace of mind for everyone. Praying for LET Review. Graduation in October.
C. South Luzon (SL)
- growth in faith of all people involved in SL Navs (Los Baños, San Pablo, Tagaytay, Tanauan, Tiaong, Alaminos) & CHAI (Milaor, Naga, Bacacay, Tabaco) as all staff and members continue to practice whole-life discipleship and help one another to have convictions based on God’s word; for daily leading and empowerment from God to do His work;
- laborers who will take over leadership roles in the Navs and CHAI
- wisdom and unity for the Los Baños leadership team (Bert Tagalog, Rene Vega, Val Madrid, and Lawrence Uy) in leading the ministry, as they implement their programs this year
- more prayer partners and faithful givers for the ministry and personal needs of staff/volunteers;
- eagerness to know more about God for the members of our new/evangelistic bible studies (community, college students; couples), application of lessons learned and victory against the work of the devil
- Gene & Glo Veruasa – Pray for
- the mothers and youth in Villegas community to apply in their lives the lessons learned from bible studies and to be good examples in the neighborhood;
- wisdom and perseverance of this schoolyear’s senior high and college students;
- godly wisdom for the young parents in our Young Prof group (Vic & Michelle, Angel & Haira, Gimo & Joyce, and Richard & Dannah) as they nurture their children;
- God’s healing from depression for Ester and Ruth;
- pray for them to finish their thesis.
- God to touch the hearts of our relatives’ SBC in Tanauan, for them to understand the good news. Pray for good health for the two senior aunts and Lally, single mom/bread winner in the family.
- Danny and Connie Carigma – Pls pray for
- Danny’s successful and safe medical procedure (prostectomy)
- good health for the whole family;
- adjustment of 2 grandkids as they stay with the family in Los Baños;
- opportunities of flexible work-from- home writing jobs for Len;
- Praise the Lord for the opportunity of ministering to their relatives;
- more souls to know the Lord as our key couple (Josie & Edgar Mercado) in Parklane community, Cavite has started reaching out to their relatives.
- Jun and Merlie Espiritu – for fruitful mission month in GCF South Metro
- Rico & Lea Albano – Commitment of leaders in San Pablo Church in the D4D training every Sunday afternoon
- Romy & Luz Hernandez – Thank God for BS groups in Sannera Homes Subd, San Pablo, Luz’s students and Sunlife Managers (ladies), pls pray for deeper relationship with God, seeking to be more like Christ; Pls pray for
- God’s provision for Romy’s medicine,
- protection for Lemuel, Lemuel & Faith as they drive;
- God-glorifying home for our family, to continually be a blessing & living testimony in the neighborhood
- Ed & Jen Matundan
- Praise God for His weekly provision in the ministry and for our children (Darl, Dainty and Camille) serving as channels of blessings to the ministry and family;
- pray for good health for them;
- Pray for God’s intervention on our scheduled activities for community outreach at San Benito and San Nicolas;
- Pray for availability of Medical Mission Team on September 2022 tentative schedule, with the help of Kuya Jun Espiritu.
- Rudy and Edna Nuarin – Pray that SBCs in Sta Monica, San Pablo will grow in their faith and commitment to serve God
- Dan & Angie Narciso (CHAI CamSur)
Praise God for
1. the continuing growth among the youth leaders in their relationship with Him,
2. calling laborers into His harvest field.
1. that God will raise laborers among the parents and for maturity among the parents with regards to their relationship with God,
2. the CamSur CHAI/D4D team to work together in communities
- Team Tabaco (CHAI Albay – Renz & Maeden, Reyan & Arlene, Joe, Luigie)
- provisions of finances and healing (physical and emotional) for the laborers, community members, and PLC leaders in Tabaco city and Bacacay, Albay;
- spiritual growth of all volunteers and their families, adults, youth, kids;
- successful implementation of Hope Stores (livelihood project) in Tabaco;
- Thank God for the men now involved in SBCs.
- good health and provisions for the family of Loloy & Nhidz Aparato in Mindoro
- guidance in the jobs of professionals/working people in SL (Los Baños, San Pablo, Tagaytay, Tanauan, Tiaong, Alaminos, Milaor, Naga, Bacacay, Tabaco), some still work-from-home, others face-to-face, some blended;
- Cris and Dothy – Pray for wisdom in applying D4D principles in the community and protection of everyone from many forces
- Lawrence Uy and Lala Pasion
- guidance in the studies, spiritual growth, and commitment to disciple others for the college students in their SBCs;
- wisdom from God in thoughts, words, and actions;
- thank God for Law’s sister Lorraine who recently passed board exam for Medtech
- Rona and Marvin Agustin– God-glorifying home as they build a family; success in business endeavors; opportunities for ministry among students
- Rene and Ada Vega – Pray for wisdom as they plan to build comfortable and cost-effective house for home and ministry.
- Wency and Cel dela Viña
- continue to unselfishly serve the people they are ministering to;
- Healing of grandniece Loreen from leukemia
- for everyone involved in different ministry areas to minister with the full armor of God fully aware that we are not fighting against humans but against spiritual beings (Eph 6)
- commitment to always have a God-glorifying home for the Acordas, Agustins, Anonuevos, Batos, Carigmas, Dela Viñas, Junsays, Logronios, Madrids, Manalos, Mercados, Merles, Tagalogs, Tuanos, Vegas, and Veruasas as we all apply lessons from our devotions and from the Couples meetings (2x a month) facilitated by Rene and Ada Vega.
A. Western Visayas
- 🙏 Please pray for the approval , renewal and accreditation for this school year So that we can use the school facilities for our face-to-face fellowship inside the school.
- 🙏 many students will come and be interested to join and to have Bible Study . Many will come to know the Lord as they come and have a good fellowship with one another
- 🙏 Pray for the YP and students for courage and boldness to proclaim the Good News where they are and whatever the situation and opportunity to share the love of the Lord to their fellow students
- 🙏 to have an evangelism at least two to three times a week as an exposure to the contacts in sharing the gospel inside and outside their campuses
- 🙏 Pray for discernment as we lead the youth for Bible study. And they will grow deeper in their walk with God
- 🙏 Same mind, heart and goal to share the Good News to the lost students in the campus.
- 🙏 Pray for Kaira, Joana, Clerk Jan, and Dash Ivan) as they grow and join in Bible study and have a discipleship studies May God will protect their time and commitment in learning the Bible.
- 🙏 that God will move the hearts of the alumni here in Iloilo for fellowship. May they listen to God intently and actively get involved in reaching out their fellow alumni
- 🙏 Pray for unity among the staff and local leaders in the area. That as we depend on God pertaining everything, the joy and contentment as we persevere.
- 🙏 Pray for our Bible Study group that they will continue to be hungry and thirsty for the Lord.
- 🙏. Pray for the members of their family to come to know the Lord and receive the Lord as their personal Lord and Saviour
- 🙏 Pray for our new converts to continue to come and they will be more interested to come for monthly fellowship starting this September
- Pray for Feleumar Caracut, as he leads bible study to his neighbors in Tabili, Catmon, Cebu. Brgy. Tabili is 8 kms away from the main road where he constructs a small farm. He envisions to make it as a “go to” place for Nav contacts. He also ministers to a handful of college students at CIT. Pray for wisdom, discernment and confidence in the LORD as he disciples them.
- Pray for Vic Marcojos as he gives care and ride to Elen, his wife, who needs to be dialysed 3x a week. Pray for financial provisions too. Praise God that in spite of their difficulties, they still engage in Cebu PLC.
- Pray for God’s complete healing upon Cindy Moreno. She was recently diagnosed with acute leukemia. Pray that her system will continue to respond well to treatments. Pls pray that her attending physician be given wisdom to regularly and properly assess her case. Pray for Jaime, her brother as he serves as caregiver together with their mother. Pls pray the CebuNavs will grow to be a vibrant loving community through the process of extending support to Cindy and her family during this trying time. Pls pray for financial provision.
- Pray for the Cebu PLC to be able to visit Escalante, Negros Oriental to assist Maricon Elloran and the alumni living there to start a Nav ministry.
- Gretchen Ompad:
a. Pray for spiritual growth to our contacts sa Asinan Community
b. Pray for Provision for the students who want to pursue their studies in the university
c. Pray for wisdom and guidance to God if need to continue the community ministry or God has another plan or direction.
a) Pls pray for God’s blessing and favor as she continues to influence her siblings, pamangkin and grandnieces and grandnephews for Christ. That she may be given wisdom, discernment and creativity in ministering to her family
b) pray for the spiritual growth for everyone in her online bible studies, prayer times and fellowship
c) wisdom, strength, perseverance and joy in the LORD as she functions as a witness for Christ in all her network of influence
Pray with Sonnie Monsanto, as she plans to stay in CTU (Cebu Technological University) until age 65. CTU has been a source of BS contacts through her.
a. Pray for the restoration of internet connections of the students so they can resume their online bible studies
b. Pray for more young professionals to help the campus ministry in Cebu
Pray with Cebu PLC to encourage and challenge the older alumni to join the task the Almighty God has assigned to us.
Pray for Noel Malinao – wisdom, strength, spiritual fortitude, and perseverance as he functions as Deputy Central Visayas coordinator while Bobet Caracut is still on leave.
Please pray for the LORD’s continuing work of conviction in the hearts of all the students who participated in the student conference on Aug 5-6, 2022. Pls ask for the LORD’s gracious guidance and wisdom on the Cebu Navs leadership team as we follow up on these students
• Please pray for the many brothers and sisters doing God’s work in Ukraine. There are numerous missionaries, and pastors and church leaders who are actively on the ground serving the Ukrainian people daily. Pray for their protection, and that they be able to freely continue serving God and the people around them. Pray that they would be unafraid and unashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of God unto salvation for those who believe, and that God would enable them to walk in His strength and stand firm against the evil that faces them now.
• Pray that in the face of fear, believers in Ukraine will find opportunities to hold out the Good News of Christ, who offers us perfect peace in a world that offers none. Acts 8:4 tells us, “Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went.” As it has in so many other times and places, may this time of unrest and persecution serve to ignite the Gospel in ways we can’t even imagine.
Isaiah 49:6 It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.
Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
STRATEGIC PRAYER FOCUS
Community Ministry. Intercede for us as local group leaders and laborers to live well and work together for the Master in His Kingdom business. Pray for wisdom and strength to stick it out over the long haul—not the grim strength of gritting our teeth but the glory- strength God gives, to advance the Gospel through families and relational networks. (Colossians 1:9-12 MSG)
Young People Ministry. Pray for the core team of six young working adults, and campus leaders & labourers’ team to be filled with joy, always thanking the Father for he has rescued them from the kingdom of darkness and transferred them into the Kingdom of his dear Son, who died on the cross to purchase their freedom and forgave their sins. (Colossians 1:11 NLT) Pray that the joy and thankfulness will become Philippians 2:8 their foundational motivation to love God by obeying His calling, to live and disciple among unbelieving friends at workplace and among students in campus.
Poor and Marginalised. Pray for our initiative to reach out to the poor and marginalised through the newly set up NGO. We are trusting God to stir up the spirit of our local leaders and labourers to serve together in this ministry for the glory of God. (Haggai 1:14)
Missions. Despite of the Philippians hardship, Paul commended them for their partnership in reaching the nations as he encouraged them to be fruitful insiders in their local context. (Philippians 1:3-5 NLT) Ask God to enable our local leaders and labourers to see local ministry and world missions are not competitors so that one empowers and energizes the other to experience the advancement of God’s Kingdom.
Answered Prayers and Praises
“Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” Psalm 103:1-5, NIV
We give thanks to God for the oneness in Christ that enable us to experience His glory as we pursue the five strategic directions.
- Spirit-led and God-Dependent Culture
- Ownership and Oneness
- Community of Vibrant and Life-long Labourers
- Missions, Neighbours and Pioneering Initiatives
- New Believers and New Labourers.