Issue No. 11 • November 2021
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
Prayer is beyond any question the highest activity of the human soul. Man is at his greatest and highest when upon his knees he comes face to face with God. – Martyn Lloyd-Jones
I. National Prayer Requests
- Pray for love, unity and renewed zeal for the Lord among all Nav staff and contacts in pursuing our UMD.
- Pray for humility before the Lord and with one another as we serve the Lord together.
- Thank God for all the prayer and financial supporters of the Navigator ministry. May the Lord wonderfully bless them in all aspects and grant them remarkable success.
- Comfort to those who lost their loved ones during this pandemic.
- Our Monthly Staff Meetings where we are revisiting the different ministry processes needed to pursue our calling of raising up laborers.
- We are raising up funds (1M) for fencing and simple structures on donated property in Cagayan de Oro and Davao City.
With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. 2 Thessalonians 1:11
A. Northern Luzon (Baguio, La Trinidad, Cabanatuan, Munoz, Ilocos)
- Complete healing for our contacts who contracted COVID, and that there’s no long-COVID syndrome;
- Good health and God’s protection from COVID;
- For everyone to develop a strong prayer life, spiritual growth.
- Complete healing for our contacts who contracted COVID, and that there’s no long-COVID syndrome;
- Good health and God’s protection from COVID;
- For everyone to develop a strong prayer life, spiritual growth.
- Thankful for the recovery of Cris, Thess, CM from COVID.
- Fruitful virtual BS for all our SBC
- God’s continuous guidance and protection for family and constituents
- Unity among staff as we focus on our role to provide direction among our constituents;
- One mind among councils/teams from different sub regions (CAR, Region 1, 2 & 3). Being intentional to connect to the lost
- New young laborers will be developed and recruited;
- Good health for my family and protection from COVID and from the evil one.
- Good health, protection, spiritual growth for my loved ones, contacts and ministry partners;
- Good internet connectivity during Bible studies and meetings;
- God’s wisdom in meeting the emotional and spiritual needs of my family and contacts;
- Pray for Rhodz, who works in Japan, that her company will continue operating in the midst of this pandemic;
- Tourism will make a rebound so the hotel and travel industry will recover, for our contacts to be fully compensated again.
- Protection for contacts and foster children from PMA who are now young military officers.
- Fruitful ministry among senior citizens
- Good health, protection for family
Ben and Connie Lawagan
- Good health and protection for family and contacts
- Recovery from gout, also pray for a stable heart condition;
- Healing for him and his family
B. Metro Manila
- Thank you for your prayer support. to Johanna Dumpor, daughter of Buboy & Joy, got her results late yesterday. She passed the first part of the Surgery Diplomate Exams – the written part. On to the second, the oral exams sometime in 2022. We thank the Lord for shaping her life and empowering her to care for people. “Great is the Lord and most worthy to be praised” 🙏🙏🙏
- Praising God for sustaining NavLit in spite of pandemic may income pa rin for the month of November. Pray for more sales and more lost souls be reached out through Navlit books and Bible study materials. Pray for NavLit, that God will provide customers for Planners 2022 be sold out this year. God willing. Pray for God’s provision and sustaining grace for everyone in the Nav office. Pray that God also will provide a Godly man/woman to replace the Nav office staff who resigned.
- Thank God for the team who will be leading Metro Manila Nav ministry. Pray for unity of heart & mind as they make plans for the ministry. Pray that together they would seek God first and plan according to what God has called them to do.
- Praise God for significant breakthroughs of the Good News among the friends & contacts of Cris & Dottie. Pray for continued openness and for God to create receptive hearts. Pray that God will keep them strong in their faith and remain in Him. Pray that leaders & laborers will be raised from among their present constituents. Continuous protection & provision for their family. Ask God to send more workers to help in the ministry.
- Pray for Jaime Hernandez as he desires to organize the UPD Nav alumni, wisdom and clear vision from God how to go about it. He desires to be a good influence in the policy making in the department regarding student discipline, pray for his colleagues to see the value of each student not only academically. Pray that the Lord Jesus will open hearts & minds. Pray for spiritual breakthrough in UPD, for the Holy Spirit to break the spirit of indifference towards Christianity. Pray for encouragement & protection from the enemy for Tim & Johndell as they seek the lost in the campus, for discipleship to continue in spite of the pandemic,
- Praise God for the caregivers of Remy. Pray for healing for Remy Biglang-awa, still confined in Pacific Global hospital. Wisdom for the doctors & staff attending to her needs and for financial provision for hospital bills & meds.
- Praise God for continued recovery of Beth, Myke, Joey & Cecile, Marissa & family, Amy & Norma. Pray for Jhie – some fluid was drained from her stomach, pray for the doctors to give correct diagnosis and right medicines,
- Praise God for sustaining grace for those who lost their loved ones recently. Pray for continuous comfort for the following:
- Sam & family for the passing of wife Grace due to cancer….
- Kitz & family for the passing of sister & brother in law due to covid …
- Melvyn & family for the passing of brother Jun due to head injury from a fall.
- Comfort for Kay, Jan William, David & Nathan Manubay & for the whole Antipolo Nav community.
- Comfort for Susan & Chiqui Dizon, Ate Yolly de Leon & 3 sons (Rem, Joshua & Jonathan), Miles Loterenia & family, Gil Lademora & family
- Praise God for the children of Kuya Willy. Thank God for giving them the desire to continually support the Antipolo Nav ministry. David & Nathan Manubay desire to go to UK and be with Jan William also for Kay to join them there for a family bonding so they can grieve and minister to one another as a family. Pray for God to grant their desires in His perfect time. Pray for visa to be granted and for David to finish all the papers that needed to take care of before leaving.
- Complete healing for the child of Fredda Ganapin Reducto and continuous protection, provision & guidance for their family
- Praise God for His provision for the medication of Zayra, daughter of Jhazt Baret in Antipolo community. Thank you for the kind hearted Mayor who promised to take care of the bills. Pray for the doctors, correct diagnosis & right medicines and for complete healing
- Lucena E. Payod- Pray for peace of heart & mind, good health (physical & mental) & financial blessings so she can help others also for her father to enjoy life and get what belongs to him while he is still strong. For wisdom whom to vote & for an honest, orderly and peaceful election 2022.
- Praise God for a successful teaching demo presentation for Beth Flores. She will graduate this December 2021 in BS Elementary Education. Thank God for all the people God used in her life. Wisdom to make good decision as to when to take the licensure exam & for a teaching job soon. Pray for good health & protection as she completes all the requirements for graduation.
- Yli Eniceo – Guidance & wisdom in making decisions that she will trust & obey the Lord. Protection & patience in her job. Claim Proverbs 3:5,6
- Praise God for the opportunities to be used by God to encourage other believers. Pray for God’s enabling grace for Ronnie as he prepares for different zoom conference; November 6 – OFW in Singapore, Nov. 11 – PCEC, Nov 20-21 – Navs in Indonesia, Nov 27-28 – APLT / ND conference. Pray for wisdom & guidance of the Holy Spirit as he prepares different messages. Pray for anointing & empowerment as he speaks. Please pray for protection from the enemy & strength/good health for the whole family.
- Praise God for the committed and persevering team of workers in Antipolo Nav ministry. Pray for God’s wisdom, strength & encouragement to sustain them in their desire to continue the work that Kuya Willy & Ate Dianne have started. They are a team of young professionals, pray for God’s enabling as they are all busy in their jobs and at the same time, sharing God’s love to the community. Pray for protection for them and their family and for regular refreshing times with the Lord Jesus. Pray for financial support for the community ministry to carry out the different programs & activities. Pray for a full-time Nav staff to oversee the work there. Pray for more laborers in His harvest field
- Praise God for the on-going Bible studies in the Antipolo community. Praise God for the many believers. Pray that God will keep them strong in their faith and remain in Him. Pray that God will enable them to meet even through virtual Bible studies & fellowship. Pray for God’s provision that all will have daily food on their tables and finances to buy load/data so they can join the virtual meetings and for good internet connection. Pray that they will have the conviction to reach out to others in the community and be channels of blessings in the community. For unity among all the Christians there and live a life as salt & light pleasing the Lord.
- Praise God for the believers in RTU Nav ministry. Praise God that most of the students involved in Bible studies are now graduating as future teachers. Pray for God to sustain their desire to continue to know God that they will grow strong in their faith and be a light to their own family. Pray that God will enable them to resist the pressure of the enemy to revert back to their old way of living. Pray for encouragement and good mental health. Pray for the next generation of believers in RTU. Pray for face-to-face classes to resume by next year.
- Praise God for the increasing number of believers praying together daily in small groups all throughout the country. Pray for spiritual breakthrough. Pray for the Holy Spirit to keep our hearts burning for Christ all the more during this pandemic. Pray for all believers to grow strong in their faith in God and to grab any opportunity to share their faith and encourage/ disciple others. Pray for protection from the enemy, for good spiritual, mental and physical health
- Praise God for all the Nav alumni in Metro Manila. Pray for God to encourage all of them to reconnect again to their spiritual roots. Praise God for the on-going vesper worship service every Sunday in Harvest fellowship, where many Nav alumni even from other countries are joining especially those from Araneta University. Praise God for the Nav kids who are taking active roles in this fellowship. Pray that God will sustain their zeal to serve the Lord. Pray that God will continue to bless this fellowship, to reveal Himself and raise up many workers with a passion to reach out and disciple others for His glory!
C. South Luzon
- unity and wisdom for Region 4 Team (Wency, Rico A, Jun E, and Nani) and Region 5 Team (Wency, Dan N, Ed C, Renz, Erika, Chqi) in making decisions regarding ministry in South Luzon division and its expansion amidst the pandemic;
- application of the principles of whole-life discipleship and empowerment in all ministry areas in SL resulting in empowered communities and individuals living a loving and purposeful life;
- growth in faith of all people involved in the Navs (LosBanos, SanPablo, Tagaytay, Tanauan, Tiaong) & CHAI (Milaor, Naga, Bacacay,Tabaco) as all staff and members continue to care for one another in many aspects of life and help everyone to make convictions based on God’s word and to discern one’s contribution as laborer in the harvestfield; for daily leading and empowerment from God to do His work;
- wisdom and unity for the Los Baños leadership team (Bert Tagalog, Rene Vega, Val Madrid, and Lawrence Uy) in leading the ministry, as they implement their programs in a loving community setting.
- more prayer partners and faithful givers for the ministry and personal needs of staff/volunteers;
- eagerness to know more about God for the members of our new/evangelistic bible studies (community, college students; couples), application of lessons learned and victory against the work of the devil
- commitment to always have a God-glorifying home for the Acordas, Anonuevos, Batos, Dela Vinas, Junsays, Logronios, Madrids, Manalos, Mercados, Merles, Tews, Tuanos, Vegas, and Veruasas as we all apply lessons from the Couples meetings (2x a month) facilitated by Rene and Ada Vega
- protection and wisdom in ministering to the different communities in San Pablo city and Tiaong, Quezon for the new Navstaff – Rico & Lea, Romy and Luz, Ed and Jen, and their co-laborers in the City of Blessings Church like Rudy & Edna and Alvin & Kath;
- thanksgiving for the release of funds from the LGU for City of Blessings church in San Pablo that will help the livelihood of SBC members; provision of a 4-wheel vehicle for better ministry mobilization in Region IV.
- opportunities to share God’s word in Sannera and Lynville Residences 2, San Pablo for Romy/Luz and Ed/Jen, respectively; that their lives will be blessings to the neighborhood
- God’s guidance and wisdom for Gene & Glo Veruasa as they minister virtually; continued interest of the community youth to know God and study His Word; wisdom and smooth transition from highschool to college for Aaron, Raizon, Rairai, Abegeil, Jayjay and Clyde; spiritual growth of the relatives of Gene&Glo in Tanauan; smooth adjustment for Richard and Dannah as they parent their first baby; for the young professionals to have good testimonies in their work; wisdom and perseverance for Aaron Aguas as he writes his thesis manuscript for planned defense this November; wisdom and strength for Liza, Denise, Migz, Ella and Vic as they teach in UPLB; favor for Lea, and Len as they seek employment; for Jobert and Carina to have genuine faith in Jesus.
- healing touches of God to Dan, Connie, and Len Carigma as they deal with health challenges; also continued financial provision, protection, and strength;
- CHAI Naga – for learners’ hearts and growth in faith of all people involved in the ministry served by Dan & Angie and Wawee; continued zeal of all the youth in Dalipay communities; men to be involved in bs
- Team Tabaco (CHAI Albay – Renz&Maeden, Joe, Erika, Luigie, Chqi) –
- provisions of jobs, finances, and healing (physical and emotional) for community members and PLC leaders in Tabaco city and Bacacay, Albay;
- spiritual growth of all volunteers and their families, adults, youth, kids;
- successful implementation of Hope Stores (livelihood project) in Tabaco;
- harmonious relationships in all communities;
- regular bible study in Buhian;
- workshops among the youth to address depression because of the pandemic
- fund raising for lot and building of the church in Tiaong, Quezon that is being helped by pastors Rico, Ed, and Rudy
- good health and provisions for the family of Loloy & Nhidz Aparato in Mindoro
- guidance in the jobs of professionals/working people in SL (LosBanos, SanPablo, Tagaytay, Tanauan, Tiaong, Milaor, Naga, Bacacay,Tabaco), some work-from-home, others face-to-face, and perseverance of students in remote learning;
- guidance in the studies, spiritual growth, and commitment to disciple others for the UPLB students in the bible study groups of Lawrence and Lala;
- clients every month for Luz Hernandez, a part-time Sunlife insurance advisor; for her to be creative, effective, and a loving teacher; for good internet connecction for online classes.
- healing for Weng (Lala’s aunt), fully trusting God for restoration of good health
- for Wency and Cel dela Vina to continue to unselfishly serve the people they are ministering; for all Nav staff, CHAI volunteers, and everyone involved in the ministry and loved ones to appropriate God’s peace amidst challenging realities today, like pandemic, covid19 infection, and other health concerns.
- fruitful time of all participants from South Luzon division in the Asia Pacific Campus Forum 2021 (online Nov 2021 and 2022)
- peaceful election season in our country and may the good triumph over evil candidates
- leadership training of new staff Reyan & Arlene Moriel (Bicol) and leaders in SanPablo & Tiaong churches these months of Nov and Dec.
- Pray for Bobet Caracut as he leads the Cebu ministry. Pray for unity and cooperation among the ministry leaders in campus, community, young professionals, young married couples.
- Lanie Gador Johnson – I can recover all the data from my laptop that died down
- Ammi Lopez
- 🙏 Wisdom, strength, perseverance and joy in doing the work of ministry
- 🙏 The LORD to work in the heart of everyone in the Bible studies I lead every week, for hunger and thirst to know the LORD more and growth in submission to the Lordship of Christ Jesus
- 🙏 Salvation for all my unsaved family members
- 🙏 The LORD’s continuous protection from all evil, accidents and diseases
B. Other Contacts and Constituents
- Lyn Dumoran Ikougbobi- please pray for Spiritual and financial breakthrough.
- Emma Benita Bello Rebollos- for God’s guidance. I felt the need to go to Maco to plant a church. My husband is willing but still need God’s confirmation. Please continue to pray for my daughter Charis Faith for healing of toxic goiter and for her spiritual growth.
- Anecita A. Romero- salvation of my siblings & their families & for clear vision for Christian ministry involvement
- Lucia Catherine Quines – prayers her sister Melody Quines, who is currently working in Abu Dhabi, will go back to the Philippines, go home for good. Pray also for the Jesus Is Lord Church Worldwide (JILCW) as we are now implementing the new beginnings and expansions from three operations to fifteen operations. Praise God for meeting all my needs & even wants. Pray for guidance & strength to do my best to serve Him
- Jarvis, Rey and Charlyn Coyme’s baby boy (almost 3 months old) will undergo surgery for hernia on November 8. Pls pray for wisdom and competence for the surgeon who will perform the procedure. Pray against any complication.
- Jonathan Victolero feels comfortable in the condo he is staying in Cebu. The inventory at DOST was not finished before he left so his clearance was not issued yet. Pls pray that the staff he entrusted the task would be faithful and responsible. Pls pray too integrity of heart and skillful hands as he leads four staff (with 3 men older than him and a fresh graduate lady). Pray that with God’s grace and enabling, he would be able to win their confidence, support and cooperation. Pray continually for his dependence on the Lord and his protection from COVID.
- Jorisam Rojas, principal in a public high school in Mati, Davao Oriental, has started sharing God’s Word in their weekly faculty devotion and meeting. Pls pray this will inspire them in their work, comfort them in their concerns and regenerate them.
- For the young couples who are in charge of the Davao Nav anniversary and Christmas fellowship. Pls pray for God-honoring, Christ-centered, Spirit-led and enriching program.
- Praise the Lord with Joyce for God’s wisdom and enabling to defend her proposal. Pls pray continually for favorable response to the research grant she applied for. Pls pray too for the Lord to sustain her through these stresses and to protect her from any flair of her Crohn’s disease.
- For the Lord to continue to prosper the business ventures (dormitory, farm, WrapNHop, Dandoms, cakes and pastries, construction, supplements, machineries, engineering services) of some Davao Navs and jobs of the working people (especially those that need to meet quota) despite the pandemic.
- Many of the Davao young professionals are health workers (doctors, nurses, medtechs). Please pray for God’s special protection for them against covid and all its variants.
- Many working people in Davao report to their offices for work on certain days of the week if not daily. Some go on travels as part of their jobs. Please pray for protection against covid for them, especially those that commute to work. 9. Praise God with Noralyn Tiempo and Rubelyn Enriquez for the sustained excitement and teachability of the Nav kids they teach God’s Word to virtually. They are now rehearsing them for the Davao Nav Christmas and anniversary fellowship. 10. Pls continue to pray for Neil to be able to start the BS with the 3 young people who are part of the Davao Nav outreach in Paquibato. Three female students had started attending BS. Pls pray that the other youth would be willing and committed and would have the means to study God’s Word virtually.
B. Other Contacts and Constituents
Thank you for praying for Roger’s brother Joey Abe. [Details, available from Prayer Committee members, are withheld for security purposes] Please pray for guidance and protection and justice to prevail.
- Praise God for the believers and Nav alumni in UK. Please continue to pray for May Marie Monforte Milton for a successful enrolment in Level 6 Advice and Guidance course in Open University and that from this course my PhD in Education Units major in Guidance from UP Diliman can be accepted in Open University or any other university in the UK. Pray for her diabetes type 2 will be stabilized and will be controlled well. Good health for Tony, my husband and myself. Pray for wisdom as she leads the virtual fellowship/ Bible study & prayer time among the Nav alumni there at the same time busy in her work as a teacher and as a football coach/ referee together with her husband. Pray that the light of Jesus will be seen brightly in her life and be a channel of blessings to others.
- Pray for protection from the enemy for all the Nav alumni there, availability to meet together for encouragement and wisdom how to reach out to others, how to share the Gospel to people in a very different culture. Pray for spiritual growth and dependence on the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for Jeanette L, as she will be going back to the Philippines for good on December, for safe trip and for quick adjustment as she has been in UK for a long time. Pray that God will prepare her spiritually & emotionally
- Linda Aquino- Please pray for healing of her brain tumor. After her infection last February, her headaches are getting more intense, wisdom for her neurosurgeon to give best medical care
- Gina – thank God for enabling her to adjust well in her front desk work at the retirement facility. it’s a tough job but a privilege to see God at work in me and with me. Pls continue to pray for a clear mind, focus and covering for me as well as my kids Yumi and Raj and husband as well.
- Praise and thank God for the lives of Ariel & Auyette Arcino. They now have a small Biblical community. Pray that the members will be firmly rooted in Jesus. Pray for more spiritual breakthroughs among them that they may become key instruments in bringing more people to His Kingdom. Pray for wisdom as parents to their three sons and for open and loving communication among them. Pray for their regular mentoring time that God will use it for encouragement & spiritual growth
Answered Prayers and Praises
“Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” Psalm 103:1-5, NIV
- 🙌 For the ongoing smooth transition from Manila to Cebu
- 🙌 The LORD ‘s faithful provision for daily needs
- 🙌 For the doors that the LORD opened for ministry