Issue No. 18 • June 2022
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
Prayer is beyond any question the highest activity of the human soul. Man is at his greatest and highest when upon his knees he comes face to face with God. – Martyn Lloyd-Jones
I. National Prayer Requests
- Pray for love, unity and renewed zeal for the Lord among all Nav staff and contacts in pursuing our UMD.
- Pray for humility before the Lord and with one another as we serve the Lord together.
- Thank God for all the prayer and financial supporters of the Navigator ministry. May the Lord wonderfully bless them in all aspects and grant them remarkable success.
- We are raising up funds (1M) for the development (fencing and simple structures) of donated property in Cagayan de Oro and Davao City (1,000 and 600 square meters).
- Overseers (Eseng, Randy, Ed Amper, Wency and Ronnie) – ability to focus on developing others as servant leaders in leading local areas
- More leaders for each region.
- Protection for Ronnie and Glo as they visit different local areas all around the country
- Provision for relief and rehabilitation of Odette affected areas
With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. 2 Thessalonians 1:11
A. North Luzon
- Training/developing our laborers/leaders
- Providing a venue for our youth today
- Developing teams of laborers in CAR, Regions 1, 2 and 3
- More SBCs will establish as a result of Panagtitipon (once a month big gathering)
B. Metro Manila
Rizal Technological University (RTU)• Psalm 34:3 “Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt His name together.” Praise God for the successful thesis defense & completion of all requirements for those soon-to-be teachers involved in Bible study with the Navs. Thank God for all His favor & financial provision to the students through a foundation. May God continually bless this foundation that it will continue to support the Nav ministry.
• Thank God for the relaxing & refreshing time in Zambales. Thank God for His provision & protection for each one.
• Please pray for these new graduates that they will continue to grow in faith & love for God, that they will continue to seek God first, to trust & obey Him. Proverbs 3:5,6
• Pray for provision for review classes and good preparation for Professional teachers’ board exam.
• Some has opted to start applying for jobs, pray guidance & protection from wrong choices in life.
• As they adjust from student life to the working world, pray that they would learn to live as salt & light. Pray according to Col 1:9-14
• Pray for new recruits especially freshmen, for the incoming school year 2022-23.
• Pray for more laborers for RTU Nav ministry. Pray that laborers & disciple makers will be raised for and in RTU community.
• Three RTU students (Sheila, Jet & James) will join the Next Gen Conference on June 10-12 for exposure. Thank God for the provision & permission from guardians. Pray for a learners’ heart & good health. Pray for a positive experience & fresh personal encounter with God Himself.
• Jet Bacalso will be joining us on our ministry visit to Visayas & Mindanao. Thank God for his availability & willingness to be involved. Thank God also for supportive parents. Pray for good health, protection & provision for this trip. May His purposes be done for His glory alone!
- Antipolo Nav Community
• John 17:4 “I have brought you glory by completing the work you gave me to do.” Thank God for the completed work of Christ. Also thank God for the good work that Kuya Willy & Ate Dianne did in Antipolo community. They have done a good job, laid the foundation for the ministry. Thank God for all the volunteers and the Manubay siblings (Kay, John, David & Nathan) working together for the community.
• Pray for wisdom for Jojo & Grace as they spearhead the ministry for couples. Thank God for Jessie & Grace Felizardo who are willing to coach & help the couples in this community. Pray for spiritual growth especially for the husbands & for the wives to be the salt & light in their home & in the community.
• Pray for love & unity among the Team Leaders, for mutual encouragement as they meet & serve others. Hebrews 10:24-25 Pray also for wisdom, that they really would seek God first as they led as a team.
• Pray in the light of Hebrews 12:1,2 for all members in the community, that they would press on, focus on the Lord Jesus alone, laying aside sin that easily entangles
• Pray for encouragement & spiritual growth for the women in Wednesday Bible study. Pray for more women to join & for good Internet connection especially during Bible Study (BS) time 8-10pm.
• Thank God for some Nav alumni like Bert Tagalog who volunteers to help the community. Pray that many more will come to help according to their gifts & resources.
• Pray for the different livelihood program to really take off & help meet the community.
• For more students to get involved in Munting Paaralan. Wisdom and zeal to teach for the volunteer teachers.
• Pray for more laborers & disciple makers be raised for and in the community Matthew 9:37,38
• Pray for the planning team led by Alvin Ibuyat. They are working hard. Thank God for them. Pray for dependence on God, unity, wisdom and foresight as they continue to meet & discuss things related to the NextGen conference.
- Cris & Dothy
• Thank God for His faithfulness, grace & mercy for the whole community.
• Pray for physical & spiritual strength & good health for Cris & Dottie & family. Pray for daily refreshing & encouraging times in the WORD
• Pray for the completion of the rebuilding for those houses destroyed by the fire. Pray that the lives of the people in the community will also be built up in Jesus.
• Pray for continuous operation of the center like the feeding program, ALS teaching, prayer times at noon & prayer walk inside the center.
• Pray for love & unity within the household of every MBA believer, pray for spiritual growth and that they will live as salt & light in the community.
• Pray for Doris as she is now back in Thailand for protection & wisdom in her job. Pray also for Kat for good opportunity to apply what she learned in an optical clinic. For Lem, now in 3rd year college, protection & wisdom as he will have face-to-face duty in a hospital soon.
• Pray for more laborers & disciple makers be raised for and in the community Matthew 9:37,38
- UP Diliman
• Thank God for the team of Nav alumni in UPD. Pray for love & unity among them, for mutual encouragement as they meet.
• Pray for Tim & Gen Acosta, wisdom to discern His will for the family, wisdom in parenting & budgeting time. Pray for good health & protection for the family.
• Pray for Doc Jaime Hernandez as he seeks to influence the policies in the department. Pray for like-minded colleagues, wisdom as he finds creative ways to influence people with the Gospel of Jesus & His Kingdom. Thank God for the joy of having a family, for Nestine & Jhosh. Pray for good health and protection.
• Pray for more laborers for UPD & pray that laborers & disciple makers be raised from this campus. Wisdom & creative ways to reach out to students for Jesus.
• Pray for new recruits especially freshmen for this incoming school year.
• Jean Barcena – Guidance as she continues to seek long-term career direction
- Saguit family
• Thank God for sustaining us all through these years
• Salvation of unsaved loved ones & relatives
• Pray for good health for all members of the family, to be mindful in food intake and do exercise.
• Be good steward of time & resources
• To always trust & obey Him especially for the next ministry direction after end of ND term, not to rely on our own desires & insights Proverbs 3:5-6
• Safety ministry visit to Visayas & Mindanao starting June 15
• Thank God for His provision for the trip
• Desire to visit our family & friends in Bangladesh this year
C. South Luzon
- unity and wisdom for Region 4 Team (Wency, Rico A, Jun E, and Nani) as it plans for the ministry and its expansion;
- growth in faith of all people involved in the Navs (Los Baños, San Pablo, Tagaytay, Tanauan, Tiaong, Alaminos) & CHAI (Milaor, Naga, Bacacay,Tabaco) as all staff and members continue to care for one another in many aspects of life and help everyone to make convictions based on God’s word and to discern one’s contribution as laborer in the harvestfield; for daily leading and empowerment from God to do His work;
- wisdom and unity for the Los Baños leadership team (Bert Tagalog, Rene Vega, Val Madrid, and Lawrence Uy) in leading the ministry, as they implement their programs this year
- more prayer partners and faithful givers for the ministry and personal needs of staff/volunteers;
- eagerness to know more about God for the members of our new/evangelistic bible studies (community, college students; couples), application of lessons learned and victory against the work of the devil
- Gene & Glo Veruasa – Pray for
- Amy, Marissa, Luz, Annie and Arlene that they will be able to apply in their lives the lessons learned in the gospel of Matthew and about prayer. Pray that they will be good examples of compassion, patience and gentleness to their children; daily strength and good health for single parent Amy as she works for her family.
- Amir, Carla, Andrea, Marco and Aleana – to do well in school so that they will be promoted to senior high next school year.
- Wisdom, good comprehension and perseverance for the first-year college students – Abegeil, Jayjay, Aaron, Raizon, Klyd and Rairai.
- godly wisdom for the young parents in our Young Prof group (Vic & Michelle, Angel & Haira, Gimo & Joyce, and Richard & Dannah) as they nurture their children.
- God’s healing from depression for Ester and Ruth; pray for them to finish their thesis.
- Pray that God will touch the hearts of our relatives’ SBC in Tanauan, for them to understand the good news. Pray for good health for the two senior aunts and Lally, single mom/bread winner in the family.
- Good health for both of us.
- Danny and Connie Carigma
- Please continue to pray for Len as she takes meds for her health conditions.
- Praise God for Noel’s job in Alabang, pray for smooth adjustment;
- Praise the Lord for the opportunity of ministering to my relatives (sister, nephews and nieces). Pls pray for the salvation of bro-in-law Ely Perey and nephew Jimuel Sto Tomas who regularly attend our virtual BS.
- Pls pray that more souls will come to know the Lord as our key couple (Josie & Edgar Mercado) in Parklane community, Cavite has started reaching out to their relatives.
- Jun and Merlie Espiritu – for follow-up trips of GCF South Metro team and medical ministry for the natives in Bohol and Mindoro
- Rico & Lea Albano
- Commitment of leaders in San Pablo Church so they can help facilitate BS in Tiaong.
- God’s enabling grace for us to raise 200K as initial payment for a 200sq meter lot in San Pablo which costs 600K but if we can pay 200k, the rest of the amount is payable when we are able.
- God’s guidance to our son (Rick John) as he moves to college this coming school year.
- We thank and praise God for the efficiency of our vehicle donated by GCF South Metro enabling us to reach communities in Tiaong
- Romy & Luz Hernandez – Thank God for
- BS group in Tiaong, Quezon and Sannera Homes Subd, San Pablo
- Virtual bible study with Sunlife Managers (ladies), pls pray for deeper relationship with God, seeking to be more like Christ and obey the teachings learned from our BS.
- Pls pray for protection and provision of a BS group for Justine Vergara who will be assigned in Mindanao as police officer; God’s daily provision for us, good health specially for Romy, protection for Romy, Lemuel, Jemuel & Faith as they drive;
- God-glorifying home for us that our family will continually be a blessing & living testimony in the neighborhood;
- God’s leading for me (Luz) for a major decision regarding my teaching job.
- Ed & Jen Matundan
- Praise God for His weekly provision in the ministry, we are still able to prepare lunch for the people attending the Sunday service.
- Praise God for our children (Darl, Dainty and Camille) serving as channels of provision for the ministry and family; pray for supernatural blessings and good health for them.
- Pray for God’s intervention and take over on our scheduled plan of evangelism strategies and community outreach with the team – feeding, medical mission,etc., for all lives and families we’re reaching at San Benito and San Nicolas, that the kingdom of God might come and take over their hearts and lives;
- Pray for availability of Medical Mission Team on September 2022 tentative schedule, with the help of Kuya Jun Espiritu.
- Rudy and Edna Nuarin – Pray that SBCs in Sta Monica, San Pablo will grow in their faith and commitment to serve God
- Dan & Angie Narciso (CHAI CamSur); Praise God for
- the continuing growth among the youth leaders in their relationship with Him
- calling laborers into His harvest field. Pls pray
- that God will raise laborers among the parents
- for maturity among the parents with regards to their relationship with God
- the CamSur CHAI/D4D team to really work as a team besides being a fellowship group
- for provisions for the work in the community.
- Team Tabaco (CHAI Albay – Renz & Maeden, Reyan & Arlene, Joe, Luigie)
- provisions of finances and healing (physical and emotional) for the laborers, community members, and PLC leaders in Tabaco city and Bacacay, Albay;
- spiritual growth of all volunteers and their families, adults, youth, kids;
- successful implementation of Hope Stores (livelihood project) in Tabaco;
- For newlyweds Erika and Paul to have a God-glorifying home;
- Thank God for the men now involved in SBCs.
- Excel and Grace Javier – for City of Blessing church workers, elders, deacons, and leaders to continue to be committed to their calling in the ministry
- good health and provisions for the family of Loloy & Nhidz Aparato in Mindoro
- guidance in the jobs of professionals/working people in SL (Los Baños, San Pablo, Tagaytay, Tanauan, Tiaong, Alaminos, Milaor, Naga, Bacacay, Tabaco), some work-from-home, others face-to-face, and perseverance of students in remote learning;
- Cris and Dothy Gregorio – Pray for wisdom on how we can help the fire victims in the community on a long-term basis. Pray for the believers whose houses were destroyed during the fire, that their faith will be strengthened, and they will focus more on God during these challenging days.
- Lawrence and Lala – 1. guidance in the studies, spiritual growth, and commitment to disciple others for the college students in their SBCs; 2. wisdom from God in thoughts, words, and actions; For Lala – Submission of research papers this month; For Lawrence – guidance in his work and upcoming exams; successful in silico analysis (cropgalaxy installation and analyses); for sister Lorraine to pass board exam for Medtech
- Wency and Cel dela Viña
- continue to unselfishly serve the people they are ministering to;
- Availability and teachability of Nav laborers in PhilNavs “Next generation Leaders conference this June;
- Safe travels, fruitful time with Navs & CHAI, and good health of D4D mentors from the US and Africa who are visiting May 26 – June 19;
- Healing of grandniece Loreen from cancer (leukemia)
- for everyone involved in different ministry areas to minister with the full armor of God fully aware that we are not fighting against humans but against spiritual beings (Eph 6)
- commitment to always have a God-glorifying home for the Acordas, Agustins, Anonuevos, Batos, Carigmas, Dela Viñas, Junsays, Logronios, Madrids, Manalos, Mercados, Merles, Tagalogs, Tuanos, Vegas, and Veruasas as we all apply lessons from our devotions and from the Couples meetings (twice a month) facilitated by Rene and Ada Vega.
A. Western Visayas
1. Pray for the YP and students for courage and boldness to proclaim the Good News to where they are and whatever the situation and opportunity to share the love of the Lord to others
2. pray for discernment as we lead the youth for Bible study. As they grow deeper in their walk with God
3. Pray for students as they prepare for their requirements and doing their thesis in school guidance and strength
4. Same mind, heart and goal to bring the Good News to the lost for the students in the campus
5. Pray for the new students (Izza and Arvi Jay) as they express interest in Bible study and discipleship. May God protect their time and commitment in learning the Bible.
6. that God would move the hearts of the alumni here in Iloilo for fellowship. May they listen to God intently and actively get involved in reaching out their fellow alumni
7. Pray for unity among the staff and local leaders in the area. That as we depend on God pertaining everything, may He give us joy and contentment as we persevere.
8. Pray for the participants that will attend this next generation of leaders this June 10. Pray for safe travel and abundant provision for all who will come
9. Pray for our Bible Study group that they will continue to be hungry and thirsty for the Lord.
10. Pray for the members of their family to come to know the Lord, receive the Lord as their personal Lord and Savior
11. Pray for our new convert to continue to come and they will be more interested to come for their schedule in their fellowship every Saturday.
1. Pray for Feleumar Caracut, as he leads bible study to his neighbors in Tabili, Catmon, Cebu. Brgy. Tabili is 8 kms away from the main road where he constructs a small farm. He envisions to make it as a “go to” place for Nav contacts. He also ministers to a handful of college students at CIT. Pray for wisdom, discernment and confidence in the LORD as he disciples them.
2. Pray for Vic Marcojos as he gives care and ride to Elen, his wife, who needs to be dialysed 3x a week. Pray for financial provisions too. Praise God that in spite of their difficulties, they still engage in Cebu PLC.
3. Pray for God’s healing grace upon Cindy Moreno. She was recently diagnosed with acute leukemia. Pray that her system will respond well to chemo treatment. Pls pray that her attending physician be given wisdom to regularly and properly assess her case. Pray for Jaime, her brother as he serves as caregiver together with their mother. Pls pray the CebuNavs will grow to be a vibrant loving community through the process of extending support to Cindy and her family during this trying time. Pls pray for financial provision.
4. Pray for the Cebu PLC to be able to visit Escalante, Negros Oriental to assist Maricon Elloran and the alumni living there to start a Nav ministry.
5. Pray for Gretchen Ompad, as she regularly visits Olango Island (part of Lapulapu City) to minister to the children in Barangay Asinan.
6. Ammi Lopez:
- Pls pray for God’s blessing and favor as she continues to influence her siblings, pamangkins and grandnieces and grandnephews for Christ. That she may be given wisdom, discernment and creativity in ministering to her family
- pray for the spiritual growth for everyone in her online bible studies, prayer times and fellowship
- wisdom, strength, perseverance and joy in the LORD as she functions as a witness for Christ in all her network of influence
7. Pray with Sonnie Monsanto, as she plans to stay in CTU (Cebu Technological University) until age 65. CTU has been a source of BS contacts through her.
8. Jerpri Medillo.
- Pray for the restoration of Internet connections of the students so they can resume their online bible studies
- Pray for more young professionals to help the campus ministry in Cebu
9. Pray with Cebu PLC to encourage and challenge the older alumni to join the task the Almighty God has assigned to us.
10. Pray for Noel Malinao – wisdom, strength, spiritual fortitude, and perseverance as he functions as Deputy Central Visayas coordinator while Bobet Caracut is still on leave.
How to pray
🙏 pray that peace would prevail
🙏 pray for the practical needs of the Ukrainian people
🙏 pray that Ukrainian believers would abound with faith, hope, and love
🙏 pray that Ukrainian churches would shine brightly for Jesus
🙏 pray that this conflict would further the gospel and multiply laborers for the harvest
🙏 pray for the well-being of our evacuated missionaries as they grieve deeply for Ukraine
🙏 pray for wisdom if other evacuations become necessary a key bible passage Many of our Navigator staff in Eurasia have identified Psalm 46 as a key passage for seeking God in the midst of this crisis. Would you consider adding this passage to your Bible reading plan as a way to unite with our staff in the region and as a guide for your own prayers?
Opportunities for giving
Here are three opportunities for giving to help those caught up in the crisis:
1) Giving to advance the gospel through the Ukraine Navigators
2) Giving to the needs of our evacuated missionaries
3) Giving to humanitarian relief efforts through organizations like World Vision or Samaritan’s Purse