Issue No. 19 • July 2022
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
Prayer is beyond any question the highest activity of the human soul. Man is at his greatest and highest when upon his knees he comes face to face with God. – Martyn Lloyd-Jones
I. National Prayer Requests
- Pray for love, unity and renewed zeal for the Lord among all Nav staff and contacts in pursuing our UMD.
- Pray for humility before the Lord and with one another as we serve the Lord together.
- Thank God for all the prayer and financial supporters of the Navigator ministry. May the Lord wonderfully bless them in all aspects and grant them remarkable success.
- We are raising up funds (1M) for the development (fencing and simple structures) of donated property in Cagayan de Oro and Davao City (1,000 and 600 square meters).
- Overseers (Eseng, Randy, Ed Amper, Wency and Ronnie) – ability to focus on developing others as servant leaders in leading local areas
- More leaders for each region.
- Protection for Ronnie and Glo as they visit different local areas all around the country
- Provision for relief and rehabilitation of Odette affected areas
With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. 2 Thessalonians 1:11
A. North Luzon
John Noel Andaya
• Pray for our youngest son’s (John Noel) new job application at our Provincial Capitol for Tourism Department Head position.
• For my wife Rose’s complete & miraculous healing from Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (most common type of lupus; an autoimmune disease in which the immune system attacks its own tissues, causing widespread inflammation and tissue damage in the affected organs, which may affect the joints, skin, brain, lungs, kidneys, and blood vessels).
• Healing for my BPH problem (benign prostate hyperplasia), the most common prostate problem in men older than age 50, symptoms of which include problems with urinating and bladder control.
• For God’s monetary provision for our medicines and lab tests. 🙏
• For God’s will to grant my job application as Veterinarian of Vigan City’s Mini Zoo despite my old age at 70. 🙏
B. Metro Manila
Rizal Technological University (RTU)Pray for completion of hard bound thesis for the graduating students, wisdom & quick adjustment to the working world for those who are now working. Pray that they will be light & salt wherever they are; spiritual growth & protection from the enemy.
- Saguit Family
• Good adjustment to his new school for Jed
• Good health & safety as we travel to visit alumni & staff in South Luzon, Visayas & Mindanao
• Additional provision as cost of fuel, etc has greatly increased
• Sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s leading & prompting
• That we would be a blessing & encouragement, not a burden.
C. Antipolo Nav Community
- Jhast – Pray for God’s guidance and provision concerning her daughter Shakera, for God’s favor that she will be accepted at the Heart Center or East Avenue hospital that can provide pedia EEG because she has signs of seizure according to the doctor. Pray for a smooth and quick process to get medical certificate for guarantee letter.
- David Manubay – Please pray that the process for Nathan’s guardianship will not be delayed again and it will be granted since it was rescheduled twice already.
- Grace – Pray for God’s provision and healing for Edgar. He was diagnosed with TB in his bones. Pray that God will provide good doctors for his operation and also for the finances needed.
- Bernalusa – Pray for Marky’s complete healing for his cough, runny nose and fever. He’s still on monitoring. There’s an advice to go for laboratory if he’s not healed by his medications.
- Edelwina – Kim Jayco needs help for finances and comfort from the Lord. Pray for God’s provision upon her family. Her baby was admitted to the hospital for about two months and died.
D. South Luzon
- unity and wisdom for Region 4 Team (Wency, Rico A, Jun E, and Nani) as it plans for the ministry and its expansion;
- growth in faith of all people involved in the Navs (Los Baños, San Pablo, Tagaytay, Tanauan, Tiaong, Alaminos) & CHAI (Milaor, Naga, Bacacay,Tabaco) as all staff and members continue to care for one another in many aspects of life and help everyone to make convictions based on God’s word and to discern one’s contribution as laborer in the harvestfield; for daily leading and empowerment from God to do His work;
- wisdom and unity for the Los Baños leadership team (Bert Tagalog, Rene Vega, Val Madrid, and Lawrence Uy) in leading the ministry, as they implement their programs this year
- more prayer partners and faithful givers for the ministry and personal needs of staff/volunteers;
- eagerness to know more about God for the members of our new/evangelistic bible studies (community, college students; couples), application of lessons learned and victory against the work of the devil
- Gene & Glo Veruasa – Pray for
- Amy, Marissa, Luz, Annie and Arlene – to apply in their lives the lessons learned from Matthew and about prayer, to be good examples of compassion, patience and gentleness to their children; daily strength and good health for single parent Amy as she works for her family.
- perseverance of next school year’s senior high students Amir, Carla, Andrea, Marco and Aleana.
- Wisdom, good comprehension and perseverance for college students – Abegeil, Jayjay, Aaron, Raizon, Klyd and Rairai.
- godly wisdom for the young parents in our Young Prof group (Vic & Michelle, Angel & Haira, Gimo & Joyce, and Richard & Dannah) as they nurture their children.
- God’s healing from depression for Ester and Ruth; pray for them to finish their thesis.
- God to touch the hearts of our relatives’ SBC in Tanauan, for them to understand the good news. Pray for good health for the two senior aunts and Lally, single mom/bread winner in the family.
- wisdom for Jobert Perez in teaching basic drawing in the art workshop every Sunday this July specifically for the Villegas children regularly attending the Bible story-telling sessions with our youth team; attentiveness, teachability and focus of the children in the workshop
- Danny and Connie Carigma
- Danny’s successful and safe medical procedure (prostectomy) this July 5;
- Connie’s blood pressure to be normal;
- adjustment of 2 grandkids as they stay with the family in Los Banos;
- Len’s kidneys and heart conditions and upcoming lab tests;
- opportunities of flexible work-from- home writing jobs for Len; e. Praise the Lord for the opportunity of ministering to my relatives (sister, nephews and nieces);
- more souls to know the Lord as our key couple (Josie & Edgar Mercado) in Parklane community, Cavite has started reaching out to their relatives.
- Jun and Merlie Espiritu – for follow-up trips of GCF South Metro team and medical ministry for the natives in Bohol and Mindoro
- Rico & Lea Albano
- Commitment of leaders in San Pablo Church so they can help facilitate BS in Tiaong.
- God’s enabling grace for us to raise 200K as initial payment for a 200sq meter lot in San Pablo which costs 600K but if we can pay 200k, the rest of the amount is payable when we are able.
- God’s guidance to our son (Rick John) as he moves to college this coming school year.
- We thank and praise God for the efficiency of our vehicle donated by GCF South Metro enabling us to reach communities in Tiaong
- Romy & Luz Hernandez – Thank God for
- BS group in Tiaong, Quezon and Sannera Homes Subd, San Pablo
- Virtual bible study with Sunlife Managers (ladies), pls pray for deeper relationship with God, seeking to be more like Christ and obey the teachings learned from our BS.
- Pls pray for protection and provision of a BS group for Justine Vergara who will be assigned in Mindanao as police officer; God’s daily provision for us, good health specially for Romy, protection for Romy, Lemuel, Jemuel & Faith as they drive;
- God-glorifying home for us that our family will continually be a blessing & living testimony in the neighborhood;
- God’s leading for me (Luz) for a major decision regarding my teaching job.
- Ed & Jen Matundan
- Praise God for His weekly provision in the ministry, we are still able to prepare lunch for the people attending the Sunday service.
- Praise God for our children (Darl, Dainty and Camille) serving as channels of provision for the ministry and family; pray for supernatural blessings and good health for them.
- Pray for God’s intervention and take over on our scheduled plan of evangelism strategies and community outreach with the team – feeding, medical mission,etc., for all lives and families we’re reaching at San Benito and San Nicolas, that the kingdom of God might come and take over their hearts and lives;
- Pray for availability of Medical Mission Team on September 2022 tentative schedule, with the help of Kuya Jun Espiritu.
- Rudy and Edna Nuarin – Pray that SBCs in Sta Monica, San Pablo will grow in their faith and commitment to serve God
- Dan & Angie Narciso (CHAI CamSur); Praise God for
- the continuing growth among the youth leaders in their relationship with Him
- calling laborers into His harvest field. Pls pray
- that God will raise laborers among the parents
- for maturity among the parents with regards to their relationship with God
- the CamSur CHAI/D4D team to really work as a team besides being a fellowship group
- for provisions for the work in the community.
- Team Tabaco (CHAI Albay – Renz & Maeden, Reyan & Arlene, Joe, Luigie)
- provisions of finances and healing (physical and emotional) for the laborers, community members, and PLC leaders in Tabaco city and Bacacay, Albay;
- spiritual growth of all volunteers and their families, adults, youth, kids;
- successful implementation of Hope Stores (livelihood project) in Tabaco;
- For newlyweds Erika and Paul to have a God-glorifying home;
- Thank God for the men now involved in SBCs.
- Excel and Grace Javier – for City of Blessing church workers, elders, deacons, and leaders to continue to be committed to their calling in the ministry
- good health and provisions for the family of Loloy & Nhidz Aparato in Mindoro
- guidance in the jobs of professionals/working people in SL (Los Baños, San Pablo, Tagaytay, Tanauan, Tiaong, Alaminos, Milaor, Naga, Bacacay, Tabaco), some work-from-home, others face-to-face, and perseverance of students in remote learning;
- Cris and Dothy Gregorio – Pray for wisdom on how we can help the fire victims in the community on a long-term basis.
- Lawrence and Lala – 1. guidance in the studies, spiritual growth, and commitment to disciple others for the college students in their SBCs; 2. wisdom from God in thoughts, words, and actions; for sister Lorraine to pass board exam for Medtech
- Tuks Paular – good health; recovery of the mother of Jun Alinar from her health condition
- Rene and Ada Vega – Pray for
- wisdom as we build comfortable and cost-effective house for home and ministry.
- wisdom for our family as Ada retires by end of July and do what she loves and does best.
- Wency and Cel dela Viña
- continue to unselfishly serve the people they are ministering to;
- Clear understanding by the participants in D4D Foundations training at CHAI center July 18-22
- Healing of grandniece Loreen from cancer (leukemia)
- for everyone involved in different ministry areas to minister with the full armor of God fully aware that we are not fighting against humans but against spiritual beings (Eph 6)
- commitment to always have a God-glorifying home for the Acordas, Agustins, Anonuevos, Batos, Carigmas, Dela Viñas, Junsays, Logronios, Madrids, Manalos, Mercados, Merles, Tagalogs, Tuanos, Vegas, and Veruasas as we all apply lessons from our devotions and from the Couples meetings (twice a month) facilitated by Rene and Ada Vega.
A. Western Visayas
1. Pray for our Sem Starter Fellowship this July that many students will come and be interested to join and to have Bible Study. Many will come to know the Lord as they come and have a good fellowship to one another.
2. Pray for Algrace as she will be joining the APEL Conference in Cambodia this coming August 2022. Please pray for God’s provision for their plane ticket and conference expenses.
3. Please pray for all participants who will join this conference for their smooth and safety, travel protection and new learnings that they will apply in the ministry.
4. Pray to the YP and students for courage and boldness to proclaim the Good News to where they are and whatever the situation and opportunity to share the love of the Lord to others.
5. Pray for discernment as we lead the youth for Bible study. As they grow deeper in their walk with God
6. Same mind, heart and goal to bring the Good News to the lost for the students in the campus
7. Pray for the new students (Izza and Arvi Jay, Kaira, Joana, Clerk Jan, abd Dash Ivan) as they express interest and join in Bible study and discipleship. May God protect their time and commitment in learning the Bible.
8. that God would move the hearts of the alumni here in Iloilo for fellowship. May they listen to God intently and actively get involved in reaching out their fellow alumni
9. Pray for unity among the staff and local leaders in the area. That as we depend on God pertaining everything, may He give us joy and contentment as we persevere.
10. Pray for our Bible Study group that they will continue to hunger and be thirsty for the Lord.
11. Pray for the members of their family to cone to know the Lord and receive the Lord as their personal Lord and Savior.
12. Pray for our new convert continue to come and they will be more interested to come for their schedule in their fellowship every Saturday.
13. Pray for Kuya Rudy for good health; to have a strong immune system to fight against sickness and for his whole family.
14. Pray for Julie Millaro and Ate Con for their intersession time and God wisdom for them as they lead in their ministry that God entrusted for them to do.
Gary and Delia Leath
• On July 7, we are driving to Colorado Springs to attend 2 conferences in Glen Eyrie Castle (Family Gathering of Returning Missionaries, Jul 8-15 and East Asia Transition Conference, July 15-17). Please pray for safety on the road and spiritual refreshment and encouraging times with one another during these 2 conferences. Also, please pray for our time with my elementary classmate, Cito Villascastin, married to a Caucasian and blessed with two daughters. The whole family lives in Colorado Springs. We hope that there will be natural spiritual conversations around the gospel as we spend time with them.
• Please pray for wisdom and creative ways in advancing the gospel of Jesus and His Kingdom among my elementary and high school classmates and former university colleagues and their respective families. Recently, we were able to spend time with some of them in Houston, TX. Specifically, please pray for a former colleague in USC, Eileen with husband Adam Krupp and my high school classmate, Perl Fernandez and daughter Cathy with husband Mike Powell as we had begun spiritual conversations with them that they will come to a deep commitment in Jesus.
• Please pray for a good nanny who can help our daughter Hannah in looking after their newborn identical twin boys as she goes back to work in August. Also pray for God’s leading of a pre-school for the 3-year-old Dallas, first born of Hannah’s.
• Please pray for the people in our ongoing John study groups that they will in turn be motivated and encouraged to lead Investigative/Evangelistic bible study groups using the gospel of John among their families and friends in their natural networks of relationships.
• Please pray for our local friends in East Asia, as they are faced with difficult challenges in exercising their faith in the midst of a restrictive environment. Please pray that the parents would be faithful in teaching their children the Word of God in their homes.
5 He established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers to teach to their children; 6 that the next generation might know them, the children yet unborn, and arise and tell them to their children,
7 so that they should set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments;
Psalms 78: 5-7
41 Then they left the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the name. 42 And every day in the temple and at home they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.
Acts 5:41, 42
A. United Kingdom
May Monforte Milton
• Please pray for their Prayer meetings and Migrant Missions Input on July 17 and 24 that God will allow all of them to meet and support each other well. That they will also grow in number.
• For Connie Pascua and hubby Ahmad Sade with son Clarence to find a safe and good housing in London, and that their son will be accepted in college in London.
• Please pray that all of May’s migrant students will pass their final exams, all her teacher admin tasks be completed, her teacher’s observation to be undertaken by her college first, and another one by the Education Standards inspectors will be of good standing and glorifying to God.
• Please pray that Tony’s colonoscopy on July 21 will be clear, her breast examination on July 1 be clear as well.
Pls pray for the Lord’s provision of the Visa for Gustaf and Reyda so they can go back to Bangladesh soon. Please pray for God’s provision for all their needs.
• Please pray for the many brothers and sisters doing God’s work in Ukraine. There are numerous missionaries, and pastors and church leaders who are actively on the ground serving the Ukrainian people daily. Pray for their protection, and that they be able to freely continue serving God and the people around them. Pray that they would be unafraid and unashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of God unto salvation for those who believe, and that God would enable them to walk in His strength and stand firm against the evil that faces them now.
• Pray that in the face of fear, believers in Ukraine will find opportunities to hold out the Good News of Christ, who offers us perfect peace in a world that offers none. Acts 8:4 tells us, “Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went.” As it has in so many other times and places, may this time of unrest and persecution serve to ignite the Gospel in ways we can’t even imagine.
“Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” Psalm 103:1-5, NIV