Issue No. 20 • August 2022
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
Prayer is beyond any question the highest activity of the human soul. Man is at his greatest and highest when upon his knees he comes face to face with God. – Martyn Lloyd-Jones
I. National Prayer Requests
- Pray for love, unity and renewed zeal for the Lord among all Nav staff and contacts in pursuing our UMD.
- Pray for humility before the Lord and with one another as we serve the Lord together.
- Thank God for all the prayer and financial supporters of the Navigator ministry. May the Lord wonderfully bless them in all aspects and grant them remarkable success.
- We are raising up funds (1M) for the development (fencing and simple structures) of donated property in Cagayan de Oro and Davao City (1,000 and 600 square meters).
- Overseers (Eseng, Randy, Ed Amper, Wency and Ronnie) – ability to focus on developing others as servant leaders in leading local areas
- More leaders for each region.
- Protection for Ronnie and Glo as they visit different local areas all around the country
- Provision for relief and rehabilitation of Odette affected areas
With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. 2 Thessalonians 1:11
A. Antipolo Nav Community
- David Manubay – Guardianship case ni Nathan
- Ate Jhazt – EEG of Shakera
- Ate Miluna – Good health of family and friends
- Mama Luz – Partisiyon ng lupa at patuloy na guidance at proteksyon ng tatay
- Ate Edith – Guidance nina Ate Edith at healing ng balikat ni Kuya Johnny
- Ate Beth – favorable results of the lab tests and healing for Darwin
- Ate Ruby – operation for carpal tunnel of her hand
- God’s blessing and financial provision for the different ministries of Antipolo Community:
- Youth Ministry
- Women’s Ministry
- Munting Paaralan
- Leadership Team
- Couple’s Ministry
- Young-Pro Ministry
B. South Luzon
- growth in faith of all people involved in SL Navs (Los Baños, San Pablo, Tagaytay, Tanauan, Tiaong, Alaminos) & CHAI (Milaor, Naga, Bacacay,Tabaco) as all staff and members continue to practice whole-life discipleship and help one another to have convictions based on God’s word; for daily leading and empowerment from God to do His work;
- laborers who will take over leadership roles
- wisdom and unity for the Los Baños leadership team (Bert Tagalog, Rene Vega, Val Madrid, and Lawrence Uy) in leading the ministry, as they implement their programs this year
- more prayer partners and faithful givers for the ministry and personal needs of staff/volunteers;
- eagerness to know more about God for the members of our new/evangelistic bible studies (community, college students; couples), application of lessons learned and victory against the work of the devil
- Gene & Glo Veruasa – Pray for
- a) Amy, Marissa, Luz, Annie and Arlene – to apply in their lives the lessons learned from Matthew and about prayer, to be good examples of compassion, patience and gentleness to their children; daily strength and good health for single parent Amy as she works for her family.
- b) perseverance of this schoolyear’s senior high students Amir, Carla, Andrea, Marco and Aleana .
- c) Wisdom, good comprehension and perseverance for college students – Abegeil, Jayjay, Aaron, Raizon, Klyd and Rairai.
- d) godly wisdom for the young parents in our Young Prof group (Vic & Michelle, Angel & Haira, Gimo & Joyce, and Richard & Dannah) as they nurture their children.
- e) God’s healing from depression for Ester and Ruth; pray for them to finish their thesis.
- f) God to touch the hearts of our relatives’ SBC in Tanauan, for them to understand the good news. Pray for good health for the two senior aunts and Lally, single mom/bread winner in the family.
- Danny and Connie Carigma – Pls pray for –
- a. Danny’s successful and safe medical procedure (prostectomy);
- b. good health for the whole family;
- c. adjustment of 2 grandkids as they stay with the family in Los Baños;
- d. opportunities of flexible work-from- home writing jobs for Len;
- e. Praise the Lord for the opportunity of ministering to my relatives (sister, nephews and nieces);
- f. more souls to know the Lord as our key couple (Josie & Edgar Mercado) in Parklane community, Cavite has started reaching out to their relatives.
- Jun and Merlie Espiritu – for follow-up trips of GCF South Metro team and medical ministry for the natives in Bohol and Mindoro
- Rico & Lea Albano – Commitment of leaders in San Pablo Church in the D4D training every Sunday afternoon
- Romy & Luz Hernandez – Thank God for BS groups in Sannera Homes Subd, San Pablo, Luz’s students and Sunlife Man-agers ( ladies), pls pray for deeper relationship with God, seeking to be more like Christ and obey the teachings learned from our bs; Pls pray for –
- God’s provision for us specially for Romy’s medicine and medical procedures,
- protection for Lemuel, Jemuel & Faith as they drive;
- God-glorifying home for us that our family will continually be a blessing & living testimony in the neighborhood
- Ed & Jen Matundan
- a. Praise God for His weekly provision in the ministry,
- b. Praise God for our children (Darl, Dainty and Camille) serving as channels of provision for the ministry and family; pray for supernatural blessings and good health for them.
- c. Pray for God’s intervention on our scheduled plan of evangelism strategies and community outreach with the team – feeding, medical mission, etc., for all lives and families we’re reaching at San Benito and San Nicolas, that the kingdom of God might come and take over their hearts and lives;
- d. Pray for availability of Medical Mission Team on September 2022 tentative schedule, with the help of Kuya Jun Espiritu.
- Rudy and Edna Nuarin – Pray that SBCs in Sta Monica, San Pablo will grow in their faith and commitment to serve God
- Dan & Angie Narciso (CHAI CamSur);
Praise God for –
- a. the continuing growth among the youth leaders in their relationship with Him,
- b. calling laborers into His harvest field.
- a. that God will raise laborers among the parents,
- b. for maturity among the parents with regards to their relationship with God,
- c. the CamSur CHAI/D4D team to work together in communities
- Team Tabaco (CHAI Albay – Renz & Maeden, Reyan & Arlene, Joe, Luigie)
- provisions of finances and healing (physical and emotional) for the laborers, community members, and PLC leaders in Tabaco city and Bacacay, Albay;
- spiritual growth of all volunteers and their families, adults, youth, kids;
- successful implementation of Hope Stores (livelihood project) in Tabaco;
- Thank God for the men now involved in SBCs.
- protection from monkeypox and COVID for everyone
- good health and provisions for the family of Loloy & Nhidz Aparato in Mindoro
- guidance in the jobs of professionals/working people in SL (Los Baños, San Pablo, Tagaytay, Tanauan, Tiaong, Alaminos, Milaor, Naga, Bacacay, Tabaco), some still work-from-home, others face-to-face, some blended;
- Cris and Dothy – Pray for wisdom in applying D4D principles in the community and protection of everyone from many forces
- Lawrence and Lala
- guidance in the studies, spiritual growth, and commitment to disciple others for the college students in their SBCs;
- wisdom from God in thoughts, words, and actions;
- for Law’s sister Lorraine to pass board exam for Medtech
- Tuks Paular – good health; comfort and provision for the passing away of Jun Alinar’s mother
- Rene and Ada Vega – Pray for wisdom as we build comfortable and cost-effective house for home and ministry.
- Wency and Cel dela Viña
- continue to unselfishly serve the people they are ministering to;
- Healing of grandniece Loreen from leukemia
- for everyone involved in different ministry areas to minister with the full armor of God fully aware that we are not fighting against humans but against spiritual beings (Eph 6)
- commitment to always have a God-glorifying home for the Acordas, Agustins, Anonuevos, Batos, Carigmas, Dela Viñas, Junsays, Logronios, Madrids, Manalos, Mercados, Merles,Tagalogs, Tuanos, Vegas, and Veruasas as we all apply lessons from our devotions and from the Couples meetings (twice a month) facilitated by Rene and Ada Vega.
A. Western Visayas
- Pray for our Sem Starter Fellowship this August that many students will come and be interested to join and to have Bible Study. Many will come to know the Lord as they come and have a good fellowship to one another.
- Pray for Algrace as she will be joining the APEL Conference in Cambodia this coming August 7 to 16, 2022 Please pray for God’s provision for their plane tickets and conference expenses. For safety and protection as they travel.
- Please pray for all participants who will join this conference for their smooth and safety travel protection and new learnings that they will apply in the ministry
- Pray for the YP and students for courage and boldness to proclaim the Good News to where they are and whatever the situation and opportunity to share the love of the Lord to others. Please pray that this school opening we are planning to have an evangelism two to three times a week as exposure to the contacts in sharing the gospel inside and outside their campuses.
- Pray for discernment as we lead the youth for Bible study. As they grow deeper in their walk with God
- Same mind, heart and goal to bring the Good News to the lost for the students in the campus
- Pray for the new students (Izza and Arvi Jay, Kaira, Joana, Clerk Jan, and Dash Ivan) as they express interest and join in Bible study and discipleship. May God protect their time and commitment in learning the Bible.
- That God would move the hearts of the alumni here in Iloilo for fellowship. May they listen to God intently and actively get involved in reaching out their fellow alumni
- Pray for unity among the staffs and local leaders in the area. That we depend on God pertaining everything, may He give us joy and contentment as we persevere.
- Pray for our Bible Study group that they will continue to be hungry and thirsty for the Lord.
- Pray for the members of their family to come to know the Lord and receive the Lord as their personal Lord and Saviour
- Pray for our new converts to continue to come and they will be more interested to come for their schedule in their fellowship every Saturday.
- Pray for Julie Millaro and Ate Con for their intercession time and God’s wisdom for them as they lead in their ministry that God has entrusted for them to do
- Pray for Feleumar Caracut, as he leads bible study to his neighbors in Tabili, Catmon, Cebu. Brgy. Tabili is 8 kms away from the main road where he constructs a small farm. He envisions to make it as a “go-to” place for Nav contacts. He also ministers to a handful of college students at CIT. Pray for wisdom, discernment and confidence in the LORD as he disciples them.
- Pray for Vic Marcojos as he gives care and ride to Elen, his wife, who needs to be dialysed 3x a week. Pray for financial provisions too. Praise God that in spite of their difficulties, they still engage in Cebu PLC.
- Pray for God’s complete healing upon Cindy Moreno. She was recently diagnosed with acute leukemia. Pray that her system will continue to respond well to treatments. Pls pray that her attending physician be given wisdom to regularly and properly assess her case. Pray for Jaime, her brother as he serves as caregiver together with their mother. Pls pray the CebuNavs will grow to be a vibrant loving community through the process of extending support to Cindy and her family during this trying time. Pls pray for financial provision.
- Pray for the Cebu PLC to be able to visit Escalante, Negros Oriental to assist Maricon Elloran and the alumni living there to start a Nav ministry.
- Gretchen Ompad:
- Pray for spiritual growth to our contacts sa Asinan Community
- Pray for Provision for the students who want to pursue their studies in the university
- Pray for wisdom and guidance to God if need to continue the community ministry or God has another plan or direction.
- Ammi Lopez:
- Pls pray for God’s blessing and favor as she continues to influence her siblings, pamangkins and grandnieces and grandnephews for Christ. That she may be given wisdom, discernment and creativity in ministering to her family
- pray for the spiritual growth for everyone in her online bible studies, prayer times and fellowship
- wisdom, strength, perseverance and joy in the LORD as she functions as a witness for Christ in all her network of influence
- Pray with Sonnie Monsanto, as she plans to stay in CTU (Cebu Technological University) until age 65. CTU has been a source of BS contacts through her.
- Jerpri Medillo:
- Pray for the restoration of internet connections of the students so they can resume their online bible studies
- Pray for more young professionals to help the campus ministry in Cebu
- Pray with Cebu PLC to encourage and challenge the older alumni to join the task the Almighty God has assigned to us.
- Pray for Noel Malinao – wisdom, strength, spiritual fortitude, and perseverance as he functions as Deputy Central Visayas coordinator while Bobet Caracut is still on leave.
- Please pray for the LORD’s continuing work of conviction in the hearts of all the students who participated in the student conference on Aug 5-6, 2022. Pls ask for the LORD’s gracious guidance and wisdom on the CebuNavs leadership team as we follow up on these students
• Please pray for the many brothers and sisters doing God’s work in Ukraine. There are numerous missionaries, and pastors and church leaders who are actively on the ground serving the Ukrainian people daily. Pray for their protection, and that they be able to freely continue serving God and the people around them. Pray that they would be unafraid and unashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of God unto salvation for those who believe, and that God would enable them to walk in His strength and stand firm against the evil that faces them now.
• Pray that in the face of fear, believers in Ukraine will find opportunities to hold out the Good News of Christ, who offers us perfect peace in a world that offers none. Acts 8:4 tells us, “Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went.” As it has in so many other times and places, may this time of unrest and persecution serve to ignite the Gospel in ways we can’t even imagine.
Answered Prayers and Praises
“Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” Psalm 103:1-5, NIV
Praise the LORD for His great faithfulness and grace in our Cebu Navs student conference on Aug 5-6, 2022. Forty students joined.