Issue No. 8
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
Prayer is beyond any question the highest activity of the human soul. Man is at his greatest and highest when upon his knees he comes face to face with God.
— Martyn Lloyd – Jones
NATIONAL PRAYER REQUESTS
- Pray for love, unity and renewed zeal for the Lord among all Nav staff and contacts in pursuing our UMD.
- Pray for humility before the Lord and with one another as we serve the Lord together.
- Thank God for all the prayer and financial supporters of the Navigator ministry. May the Lord wonderfully bless them in all aspects and grant them remarkable success
- Comfort to those who lost their loved ones during this pandemic.
- Our Monthly Staff Meetings where we are revisiting the different ministry processes needed to pursue our calling of raising up laborers.
- We are raising up funds (1M) for fencing and simple structure on donated property in Cagayan de Oro and Davao City.
With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith.
2 Thessalonians 1:11
(Northern Luzon (Baguio, La Trinidad, Cabanatuan, Munoz, Ilocos)
- Unity among staff as we focus on our role to provide direction among our constituents. Protection from the evil one.
- God’s presence as we continue to develop laborers in some local areas.
- Unity among councils/teams from different sub regions (CAR, Region 1,2&3). Being intentional to connect to the lost.
- God’s special favor as we minister to people through bible study, coaching, personal/prayer time among our constituents via online.
- God’s protection for all esp from covid-19 and new variants.
- Good health among my family
- Intentional devotional/BS among family. Protection from the evil one
- We have slowly started face to face meetings with our SBC, pray for protection.
- Also pray for fruitful time with families of our alumni as we plan to visit them one after another, to see how they are doing, praying for them especially those inactive or not participating in virtual meetings. Also those who have not connected among us for quite some time.
- Pray for our teachers that they may find time in reaching out their students and have a heart for their souls and well-being.
- Spiritual growth for all members in the Community ministry.
- Good health for the father of Margie who lives alone in Camotes Island
- Connie and her family, a member of the Community now lives in Batangas which is near Taal volcano. Pray for God to spare their town from destruction and they would be able to bounce back economically.
- Also pls pray na last eruption na ito ng Taal volcano. After thousand years pa ang kasunod if hindi pa second coming ni Lord..
- Jackie Ibasco
- Praise God sa new job ng nephew ni Jackie na si Mykee.
- Pray for employment for other Bible study contacts as well.
- A relative of Jackie has stage 2 breast cancer. She is undergoing chemotherapy. Pray for God’s healing and financial provision. Stable mental health of all loved ones.
- Good health, protection, spiritual growth for loved ones, contacts and ministry partners.
- Good internet connectivity during Bible studies and meetings.
- God’s wisdom in meeting the emotional and spiritual needs of my family and contacts.
- Fruitful ministry among senior citizens Good health, protection for family
Ben and Connie Lawagan
- Good health and protection for family and contacts
- Recovery from gout
- Protection of his eldest son, Elijah, who is on training as new military officer
- For the scammer who took money from Arleen Honrade to be caught and justice be served.
- Pray for healing from covid and other forms of illnesses of the following: Pastor Rico, wife Bernadette, son Timi, & househelp DUE TO COVID Friends of Victor Pascual Some families in Antipolo community Edith’s husband from arthritis & Edith’s stomach problem Jhast of Antipolo healing from motor accident so he can go back to work as delivery man Jomark pinsan ni Sarah Ninang ni LUZ 83 YO FROM STROKE Mother ni Malou at kapatid & pamangkin nya at anak na si Justin Anak ni Gina na may hika at panganay na may lagnat Anak ni Dennis na si Denisse mula sa sakit
- Salvation of the ff: Victor Pascual’s mommy & family members Unsaved family members of Ron & Glo Saguit Friends & relatives of the membersAntipolo community
- PROTECTION FROM COVID & OTHER SICKNESS FOR the ff: All occupants of the Nav building & their families Victor Pascual’s family & household Team leaders & families & members in Antipolo Navs community
- GROWTH IN intimacy with GOD – fruitfulness & faithfulness , hunger for God thru Word & prayer of the ff; Ronnie & Glo Saguit & family John Joel, Faye & John David Victor Pascual & family members All Nav staff (office & field staff) Team leaders in Antipolo Nav community & Munting Paaralan volunteers Manubay siblings (Kate, John, David & Nathan)
- For creative evangelism & disciplemaking to continue in spite of challenges and more laborers for the harvest in the power of the Holy Spirit. Lots of people around the world are dying without Christ. LET US PRAY FOR MORE Spirit led evangelism and revival around the globe.
- Wisdom, guidance & creativity for all Nav staff to pursue God’s calling of the NavigatorsIn preparation of Munting Paaralan materials (Reading & Math curriculum) Preparation for Simbahay (topics & speakers), youth fellowship (who will lead & share the Word), Antipolo Women’s BS every Wednesday & facilitators meeting every Monday, John study every Saturday and Leaders’ BS & meeting every other Sunday
- Provision especially for members in Navs Antipolo communities who lost their jobs & kabuhayan during this pandemic especially this 2 weeks of lockdown
- LOVE & unity among all believers especially in Metro Manila Nav community & throughout the country
- Presidential election is fast approaching, pray for people to be educated how to vote wisely. Pray for godly and God fearing leaders to be elected in strategic position for the Good News of the Gospel to flow freely in our country.
Please pray for :
- The Mindful Parenting webinar. Nav contacts are inviting their friends to attend this 6-session program and hopefully sana magbigay ng long-term support sa kanila, lalo na those who are struggling with family-related issues.
- Mindful Parenting Batch 1 and Shepherding Team are also going thru a 6-part series of study on Sexuality and Christian marriage. Please pray for openness and fruitful discussion on sexuality issues.
- For Mindful Parenting Batch 2, please pray also for willingness to be mindful parents and be able to provide a safe place for their children. Pray also that they will be willing to go thru the advance topics on mindful parenting which involves telling their own stories. Thank you.
- I’m trying to reach out to my brother Ronald. Please pray that the LORD would open his heart.
- wisdom for Region 4 Team (Wency, Rico Albaño, Jun Espiritu, and Nani Romero) in making decisions regarding ministry expansion;
- application of the principles of whole life discipleship and empowerment in all ministry areas in SL resulting in empowered communities and individuals living a loving and purposeful life;
- growth in faith of all people involved in the Navs (LosBanos, SanPablo, Tagaytay, Tanauan, Tiaong) & CHAI (Milaor, Naga, Bacacay,Tabaco) as all staff and members continue to care for one another in many aspects of life and help everyone to make convictions based on God’s word and to discern one’s contribution as laborer in the harvestfield;
- wisdom for the leadership team (Bert Tagalog, Rene Vega, Val Madrid, and Lawrence Uy) in leading the ministry in Los Baños;
- more positive responses from potential partners in the ministry and personal needs of staff/volunteers;
- commitment to always have a God-glorifying home for the Acordas, Anonuevos, Aparatos, Batos, Dela Vinas, Junsays, Logronios, Madrids, Manalos, Mercados, Merles, Tews, Tuanos, Vegas, and Veruasas as we all apply lessons from the Couples meetings (2x a month) facilitated by Rene and Ada Vega
- protection and wisdom in ministering to the different communities in San Pablo city and Tiaong, Quezon for the new Navstaff – Rico & Lea Albano, Romy and Luz Hernandez, Ed and Jen Matundan, and their companions
- release of funds from the LGU for City of Blessings church in San Pablo the soonest possible time, this will help the livelihood of our SBC members; provision of a 4-wheel vehicle for better ministry mobilization in Region IV.
- opportunities to share God’s word in Sannera and Lynville Residences 2, San Pablo for Romy/Luz and Ed/Jen, respectively; that their lives will be blessings to the neighborhood
- continued good health and protection for Gene & Glo Veruasa and their elderlies; continued interest of relatives in Batangas in bible discussions; understanding of the gospel for those in their community sbc; healthy pregnancy for Dannah Logronio; wisdom and guidance as Leah Caguiat and Aaron Aguas write their thesis manuscripts; wisdom, strength and guidance for Nikki delos Reyes in her job; spiritual growth of the alumni of Christian School International who became involved in the Nav high school ministry before.
- healing touch of God to Dan Carigma as he deals with acid reflux, choking sensation, nerve problem, and frozen shoulder; less adverse effects of covid19 vaccination for Len; schedule of first dose soon for Connie
- CHAI Naga – for learners’ hearts and growth in faith of all people involved in the ministry served by Dan & Angie Narciso and Wawee Ardeza; continued zeal of all the youth in Dalipay communities
- Team Tabaco (CHAI Albay – Renz&Maeden, Joe, Erika, Luigie)
- provisions of jobs, finances, and healing (physical and emotional) for the CHAI community members and PLC leaders in Tabaco city and Bacacay, Albay;
- protection of the members of Team Tabaco, their families, and all communities from covid19 infection and other illnesses;
- spiritual growth of all people involved in the ministry (volunteers and their families, adults, youth, kids);
- deeper understanding of the gospel in the new communities Buhian at Comon in Tabaco city;
- successful implementation of Hope Stores (livelihood project) in Tabaco and Bacacay;
- enough funds for the completion of Erika’s parents’ house;
- Lea’s (sister of Erika) review for Licensure exam for teachers;
- wisdom for Erika as she makes decision regarding her career;
- harmonious relationships in all communities;
- lessening of covid cases in the Bicol region;
- complete healing of kuya Joe Borromeo (gout) and Erika from acid reflux and hand burn;
- thank God for the DOST scholarship grant of Luigie
- wise use of time and patience for Chqi Eumag as she waits for God’s time in relocating to Tabaco city for her ministry assignment
- good health and provisions for the family of Loloy & Nhidz Aparato in Mindoro
- guidance in the job of Lawrence Uy; for the UPLB students in his bible study group (Stephen, Alfonso, Patrick, and Josh) – guidance in their studies, spiritual growth, and commitment to disciple others; complete healing of his family members in Bicol from current health concerns
- clients every month for Luz Hernandez, a part-time Sunlife insurance advisor
- healing for Cora, Cel delaVinas youngest sister, fully trusting God for restoration of good health
- 19. growth in truly loving God for Wency and Cel dela Vina , their whole family, and the people they are ministering; to continue to ‘be filled with the Holy Spirit’ as they journey together as a couple, with adult children, and with the people God gifts them; for the bible study material of Dr Bell to continue to equip them all who are using it (LB Nav staff and contacts, San Pablo Navstaff, and Team Tabaco); for all of Nav staff, CHAI volunteers, and everyone involved in the ministry and loved ones to appropriate God’s peace as we face challenging realities today, like pandemic, covid19 infection, and health problems.
- Minda Bascon has recovered from covid19 and checked out of the hospital.
- Christine Hannah German, cousin of a Nav contact has recovered from coma due to a motorcycle accident. She checked out of the hospital already.
- Please pray for Cebu Navs. Considering to conduct a webinar on mental health at the CTU main campus by Joyce V. Tupas facilitated by Sonnie Monsanto and Jerpri Medillo. Pray for the Lord’s blessing on its organization and fulfillment. Main purpose is evangelism. May this will be a connecting pool.
- For greater participation amongst Cebu Navs leaders in prayer, unity, cooperation & coordination under the leadership of Bobet Caracut.
- Pls pray for the continuous growth in the intimacy with the LORD of everyone involved our Bible studies.
Gary and Delia Leath
- For each one in our virtual BS groups be encouraged to: a. grow in loving obedience to God and His Word (John 14:21) b. develop a servant’s heart, walking in the footsteps of Jesus (Mark 10:45)
- For our local friends in East Asia to continue to walk with God and influence the lost in their network of relationships.
- Good health, strengthened immune system, traveling mercies, safety and protection from COVID during our flight back to the U.S. on Aug.24.
- Praise God For a very smooth and hassle- free flight from Manila to Cebu on August 4.
- Please pray for a very smooth transition to Cebu living (life and ministry).
- Please pray for the CebuNavsTeam, for the LORD’s wisdom direction as we all work together for the purposes of the LORD – unity of mind and heart, biased only to the glory and purposes of the LORD
- Continuous protection from the schemes of the evil one, from all harm, accidents and all diseases
- New SBC contacts that they will come to know God in deeper know_ ledge and understanding of who really God is in their lives.
- That contact students they have a good internet connection in thier places for our online follow up and Bible studies
- For God’s protection to all family members from this pandemic and to have a good immune system to fight against this virus.
- Staff wisdom in helping and have creativity in doing Bible Studies and follow up some contacts in thier walk with God and to encourage them to attend our regular prayer meeting.
- That God will connect us to the right people to partner with us in helping the ministry.
- That God will touch the lives of our Alumni to be involve actively and participate in helping the ministry.
- An overflowing provision financially, strength and guidance to all Alumni as they are preparing for thier Board Exam this October.
- Pray for Charlyn Nadela Coyme, who is going to deliver her first baby anytime now. Pls pray she would deliver after their dept quarantine and favor to deliver in the hospital she serves as doctor.
- Due to the pandemic, the Bangkal Nav team gave up the center where they minister to kids and teens. They continue to minister to them by providing them rice and Bible study materials they could read and color. Pray the parents or older siblings could assist these children and for the teens to be willing to join virtual BS.
- Young Professionals Many of the YPs in Davao are frontliners (doctors, nurses, medtechs). Please pray for God’s special protection for them against covid and all its variants.
- Young Children’s BS Noralyn Tiempo and Rubelyn Enriquez will start to team up in teaching the Word to these Nav kids virtually from Japan and Indonesia respectively. Pls pray for effective teamwork, continued wisdom, creativity and patience for them. Pray too that the kids would understand and retain the truths in their hearts, despite their playfulness.
- Paquibato contacts Praise God that Neil Umac already got his item in a public school in Paquibato. He faithfully attends the weekly BS of teachers, who are being motivated and helped to reach out to their students. His two sisters also have started to join the Nav Colegialas’ BS. Pls pray for strong internet connection for them to be able to clearly understand and actively participate in the discussion. Pls pray for Neil to be able to start the BS with the 3 young people who are part of the Davao Nav outreach there. Pls pray that the others would be willing and committed to study God’s Word too.
- With the teachers’ BS and Salusalo ng mga Guro, pls pray that these teachers would grow in their commitment, competence and courage in sharing the Gospel to their students. Pls pray for perseverance for Mam Jennelou Angelo and Mam Juvy Digamo in following up their student-contacts in BS. Pls pray for wisdom and boldness for others to be able to start their own BS groups too. Pray for the plan of Jorisam Rojas, a principal in Davao Oriental, to start BS among the teachers.
- The monthly TipTalk, which serves as connecting pond for the young people to their friends, is gaining popularity and excitement among the youth. Last July, they enjoyed sharing in small groups their answers to the discussion questions given with the aim for them to get to know one another in an informal setting and develop camaraderie and consequently friendship. This August, they will listen to a lecture on Digital Citizenship, which will educate them on healthy and wise use of digital technology and forewarn them of its ill effects. Pls pray for wisdom, creativity and God-confidence for Junjun Tupas as he prepares for and presents the lecture. Pray that the participants would be teachable and obedient.
- For all those in our SBCs to grow in our commitment to the Word both in personal devotion and group study, resulting in greater intimacy with God, obedience to His Word and changed lives.
- For the Lord to prosper the endeavors of the Davao Nav businessmen and working people (especially those that need to meet quota) even despite the pandemic.
- Pls pray for Joyce as she has to write another proposal for her dissertation because of pandemic restrictions in the hospital, where she is supposed to do the experimental part. Pray for inner motivation, wisdom and inspiration in writing.
The Australian Navigators have recently seen several staff return to the US and several others leave for another ministry. When you are a relatively small ministry that takes a toll, and we wonder what God is doing. But we are encouraged by His word and asking God to grow the work again and to call into existence the things that do not exist.
“Sing, O barren one, who did not bear; break forth into singing and cry aloud, you who have not been in labor! For the children of the desolate one will be more than the children of her who is married,” says the LORD. 2 Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes. 3 For you will spread out to the right and to the left; your descendants will dispossess nations and settle in their desolate cities.” Isaiah 54:1-3
17 “as it is written, “I have made you the father of many nations”—in the presence of the God in whom he believed, who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist.” Romans 4:17
The ministry in Australia began in 1961. Leighton Ford came to Sydney to conduct a crusade, and with him came a Navigator-trained businessman, Bob Glockner. Before Bob left America, he had prayed for one faithful man to carry on the work of reproducing disciples in Australia. He started a 5:30 am prayer meeting which Jack Griffin attended. Jack was the son of a milkman, so the early rising presented no problem. After 3-4 weeks Bob felt Jack was the man he had prayed for. Jack was the first Australian Navigator. Today we have small ministries among students, international students, business people, the military, the community and a few overseas.
Specific Prayer Requests and/or Praises:
- We have had a few staff move on so please ask the Lord to provide more leaders. Specifically, we need leaders for the student works in Melbourne, Sydney and we would love to pioneer something in Brisbane. Give thanks for Paul and Greg who have started part time with us.
- We have City leadership teams in Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne. Please ask the Lord to provide more people to join those teams.
- There is a great need for labourers. They are fundamental and foundational to the work the Lord has called us to. Pray for spiritual generations of labourers for Australia. We need many, many of them. Ordinary people who carry out their everyday work and live and disciple among the lost. People who our staff can come alongside and encourage and support.
Benjamin Update from Alan & Connie
Finally Ben will have the PEG taken off on Friday. We are going back to Colorado Springs on 7th August. Connie’s brother is coming from Maryland to help return bed, mattress, crockery, table, chairs …. then drive Ben’s car back to Colorado Springs with Tim. Alan, Connie and Ben fly back. Please pray for safe 14 hours drive and safe flight for us especially for Ben.
Appreciate continued prayers for Ben:
- Ben’s weak valve will adjust and cope with the higher altitude in Colorado and his blood pressure will be maintained
- Both retina inflammation and lesions to heal itself and not require any treatment.
- Adjustment to the permanent hearing loss and ringing on his right ear and if God will reverse the loss
- Pray for the decompression and healing of his brain and to fully recover the function of his hands and legs (to better control his left leg clonus and movements, for the tingling of his right hand to stop, to be able to write and return of his fine motor functions of both hands)
- Pray for the healing of his heart valve.
- Pray Romans 15:13 for Ben: “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”. 7. Pray for God’s mercy, grace, patience and endurance for Ben and us, for us to rejoice, be grateful and give Him praise at every single progress Psa 34:1-3 Psa 40:1-3 Psa 5:1-3
Pray that Ben will cry out to God and keep his focus on Him. Psa 121 Isa 41:10,13,14 Pray that Ben will experience Emmanuel, God with us, and will grow deeper in his love for God
ANSWERED PRAYERS AND PRAISES
“Praise the Lord, my soul; a
ll my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” Psalm 103:1-5, NIV
- Praise God for the beautiful memorial service for Kuya Lani de Leon. Reminding us of God’s saving grace & unconditional love. Thank God for all the people who helped in making it a success and for the lives touched by the Lord because of his love & trust in To
- God be all the glory! Psalms 33:18 – But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear them, on those who hope is in his unfailing love.
- Isaiah 43:2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. PRAISE God for negative result of rtcpr test of Cris Samonte Praise God for the healing from Covid of Arleen Honrade & daughter Kye. Also for the peace, strength & comfort to face the challenges in life. Thank God for all the people who helped and supported them in their grief. THANK God for Samaritana who provide a comfortable accommodation for them.
- Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the plans I have for you… Praise God for enabling Jed to pass all needed requirements for enrollment at the University of Rizal System- Tanay campus. Thank God for the approval of his application in the university. He is now officially enrolled. Thank God for all the favors from school authorities.
- Praises & thanksgiving for God providing him a generous sponsor to enable CJ, from Antipolo to join a painting contest in Rizal province. – that he may do his best for God’s glory & blessings for his sponsor