Issue No. 16 • April 2022
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
Prayer is beyond any question the highest activity of the human soul. Man is at his greatest and highest when upon his knees he comes face to face with God. – Martyn Lloyd-Jones
I. National Prayer Requests
- Pray for love, unity and renewed zeal for the Lord among all Nav staff and contacts in pursuing our UMD.
- Pray for humility before the Lord and with one another as we serve the Lord together.
- Thank God for all the prayer and financial supporters of the Navigator ministry. May the Lord wonderfully bless them in all aspects and grant them remarkable success.
- Comfort to those who lost their loved ones during this pandemic.
- Our Monthly Staff Meetings where we are revisiting the different ministry processes needed to pursue our calling of raising up laborers.
- We are raising up funds (1M) for the development (fencing and simple structures) of donated property in Cagayan de Oro and Davao City (1,000 and 600 square meters).
- Overseers (Eseng, Randy, Ed Amper, Wency and Ronnie) – ability to focus on developing others as servant leaders in leading local areas
- More leaders for each region.
- Protection for Ronnie and Glo as they visit different local areas all around the country
- Provision for relief and rehabilitation of Odette affected areas
- God’s leading for the APLT assessment of ministry and if there is a need to select a new National Director. Submission to God’s will for all involved
With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. 2 Thessalonians 1:11
- Please pray that we can meet the monthly target sales.
- More lost souls will be reached through our books, tracts and Bible study materials.
B. Northern Luzon
- Training/developing our laborers/leaders
- Providing a venue for our youth today
- Developing teams of laborers in CAR, Regions 1, 2 and 3
- More SBCs will establish as a result of Panagtitipon (once a month big gathering)
- Possible Men’s Conference this May
C. Metro Manila
Rizal Technological University Nav Ministry (RTU Navs)
Most of the students involved in the RTU ministry are graduating students in Education. Pray for strength & good health to face all the challenges in life. Claim Proverbs 3:5,6 for them to trust the Lord and not rely on their own insight. Some of them are having mental issues due to stress & some circumstances, pray for healing for everyone including family & friends (Spiritual, physical, emotional & mental). Pray for courage, self-discipline, wisdom & determination to persevere & work well to finish all requirements including thesis. Most of them will have final demo teaching during first week of April. Pray for protection from the evil ones and spiritual growth. Pray that laborers for His harvest will be raised from RTU campus. Claim Matthew 9:37 -38
- Victor Pascual
a. Elsa Go – restoration of health, appetite to eat to be strengthened
b. Amy – suffering from stroke & kidney problem
c. Nes – elderly with fever
d. Vivian – God’s comfort & peace while grieving due to death of parents & provisions
Zeny Villena – Nav Office Manager
Claim Phil 4:6,7 – Asking the Lord for His peace that transcends all understanding to gird our minds and hearts as we face personal issues and other challenges these days.
a. Strength, good health & safety as we visit Nav alumni & constituents in North Luzon
b. Wisdom to discern needs and be an encouragement to people we meet along the way
c. Protection from the evil one and encouragement from the Word
d. Good internet connection even while traveling
e. Salvation for unsaved loved ones, relatives & friends
f. Provision for the ministry visits, expenses has increased due to high cost of gas
g. For our desire to visit our friends in Dhaka, Bangladesh by last week of July or first week of August, fast process of renewing our passports & provision for the trip
h. Clear guidance & leading from the Lord for the next years 2023 up
Young leaders Conference on June 4 & June 11
a. Pray for the availability of speakers and young leaders who were invited for this
b. Heart preparation ready to listen and obey God, for the Holy Spirit to work mightily
c. For committed laborers be raised whose eyes are focused on the Lord Jesus and for the expansion of God’s Kingdom here on earth
D. South Luzon
- unity and wisdom for Region 4 Team (Wency, Rico A, Jun E, and Nani) as it plans for ministry expansion in CALABARZON;
- growth in faith of all people involved in the Navs (Los Baños, San Pablo, Tagaytay, Tanauan, Tiaong, Alaminos) & CHAI (Milaor, Naga, Bacacay,Tabaco) as all staff and members continue to care for one another in many aspects of life and help everyone to make convictions based on God’s word and to discern one’s contribution as laborer in the harvest field; for daily leading and empowerment from God to do His work;
- wisdom and unity for the Los Baños leadership team (Bert Tagalog, Rene Vega, Val Madrid, and Lawrence Uy) in leading the ministry, as they implement their programs this year
- more prayer partners and faithful givers for the ministry and personal needs of staff/volunteers;
- eagerness to know more about God for the members of our new/evangelistic bible studies (community, college students; couples), application of lessons learned and victory against the work of the devil
- Gene & Glo Veruasa
Pray for –
a. Amy, Marissa, Luz, Annie and Arlene that they will be able to apply in their lives the lessons learned in the gospel of Matthew and about prayer. Pray that they will be good examples of compassion, patience and gentleness to their children; daily strength and good health for Amy (a single mom with 3 children) as she works for her family.
b. Amir, Carla, Andrea, Marco and Aleana – that they will do well in their class so that they will be promoted to senior high next school year.
c. Wisdom, good comprehension and perseverance for the first year college students – Abegeil, Jayjay, Aaron, Raizon, Klyd and Rairai.
d. godly wisdom for the young parents in our Young Prof group (Vic & Michelle, Angel & Haira, Gimo & Joyce, and Richard & Dannah) as they nurture their children.
e. God’s healing from depression for Ester and Ruth. Pray that they will be able to finish their thesis.
f. Good health for both of us.
- Danny and Connie Carigma
a. Praise God that Lenlen has recovered from amoebiasis. The result of the biopsy was colitis. Pls pray for her as she consults a neurologist for her nerve problem that affects her spine and an immunologist for her fibromyalgia.
b. Thank God for sustaining us inspite of our health issues. I’m still having problem with GERD and burning sensation that is causing fatigue.
c. A few of our Baguio Nav alumni are having an online Bible study every Saturday afternoon. Please pray for a renewed passion for the Lord and that they will have burden to reach out to their sphere of influence.
d. Praise God for a new job opening for Noel in Alabang. He will fly back to the Philippines next month from Dubai. Pray for God’s guidance and provision as he prepares to come home.
- Jun and Merlie Espiritu – for fruitful times as GCF team visits / outreaches ministry partners in Kalinga community in Cagayan valley, Nasugbu (Batangas), and Abra de Ilog (Mindoro)
- Rico & Lea Albano – Thank God for our face-to-face Couples’ fellowship/meetings/worship services as COVID cases go down; praise God for His grace that enabled us to cope with the challenges of pandemic; Pls pray for
a. smooth transition of leadership in Tiaong City of Blessing (CoB),
b. wisdom as the leadership makes decision about church lot for San Pablo CoB
- Romy & Luz Hernandez
Thank God for –
a. BS group in Tiaong (sister Espie & famiy) and Sannera Homes Subdivision – Dani Obado & family; Justine & Aivy (Justine will graduate this April as SPO4, pray that Aivy will pass the Bar Exam); Aneth & children (Aneth will go back to Qatar this April 1, trust God for her protection and pray that her children will continue studying His Word even without her presence); Cynthia (pray for willingness of her husband to join with us in our bible study;
b. Virtual bible study with Sunlife Managers (ladies) Please pray for deeper relationship with God, seeking to be more like Christ and obey all the teachings learned from our study.
c. God’s daily provision for us, good health specially for Romy, protection for Romy, Lemuel, Jemuel & Faith as they drive;
d. God-glorifying home for us that our family will continually be a blessing & living testimony in the neighborhood;
e. God’s leading for me (Luz) for a major decision regarding my teaching job.
- Ed & Jen Matundan
a. Praise God for His provision of Tagalog Bibles, chairs, curtains and electric stand fans;
b. Praises for God’s grace on the launching of City of Blessing church at San Benito, Alaminos, Laguna last March 06
c. Pls ask for His intervention and mighty works in the hearts and lives of the Soriano, Torres, Beraquet, Cutay, Aquino, Gaspar, Avenido and Manginon families and Lani Avenido
d. Pray for God’s provision of materials for Sunday school, Sunday worship, and SBCs at San Benito (for children, youth, and adults) and other ministry needs(rentals, utilities, etc.)
- Rudy and Edna Nuarin – continuous provision for the studies of their youngest child who will graduate this school year
- Dan & Angie Narciso (CHAI CamSur)
Praise God for –
a. the continuing growth among the youth leaders in their relationship with Him,
b. calling laborers into His harvest field.
Pls pray –
a. that God will raise laborers among the parents,
b. for maturity among the parents with regards to their relationship with God,
c. the CamSur CHAI/D4D team to really work as a team besides being a fellowship group,
d. for provisions for the work in the community.
- Team Tabaco (CHAI Albay – Renz & Maeden, Reyan & Arlene, Joe, Luigie)
a. provisions of finances and healing (physical and emotional) for the laborers, community members, and PLC leaders in Tabaco city and Bacacay, Albay;
b. spiritual growth of all volunteers and their families, adults, youth, kids;
c. successful implementation of Hope Stores (livelihood project) in Tabaco;
d. For newlyweds Erika and Paul to have a God-glorifying home;
e. Thank God for the men now involved in SBCs.
- successful fundraising for church lot & building for San Pablo City of Blessings and church building in Tiaong, Quezon
- good health and provisions for the family of Loloy & Nhidz Aparato in Mindoro
- guidance in the jobs of professionals/working people in South Luzon (Los Baños, San Pablo, Tagaytay, Tanauan, Tiaong, Alaminos, Milaor, Naga, Bacacay,Tabaco), some work-from-home, others face-to-face, and perseverance of students in remote learning;
- Cris and Dothy
a. Thank God for His protection for the children and their families from the recent fire in the community, pls pray for them as they rebuild their houses.
b. Thank God for more Christian Org. who are now reaching out to the select people in the relocation site.
c. Pray for the center to be back to normal operation. Pray for wisdom on how we can help the fire victims in a long-term. Pray for the believers whose houses were destroyed during the fire, that their faith will be strengthened, and they will focus more on God during these challenging days.
- Lawrence and Lala –
a. guidance in the studies, spiritual growth, and commitment to disciple others for the college students in their SBCs;
b. For Lala – Submission of research papers this coming month, healing of hands, for brother Kevin to pass the bar exam; For Lawrence – to be able to pass all requirements for courses and dissertation; for sister Lorraine to pass board exam for Medtech
- for Wency and Cel dela Viña to continue to unselfishly serve the people they are ministering to; healing of niece Arvee and grandniece Loreen
- for everyone involved in different ministry areas to minister with the full armor of God fully aware that we are not fighting against humans but against spiritual beings (Eph 6)
E. Antipolo Navs Community
- Pray for strengthened faith for the Team of Laborers and be focused on the Lord Jesus alone and keep on running the race. Claim Hebrews 12:1, 2.
- Pray for the success of the urban gardening project, that this will produce a lot to help provide for the needs of the people there.
- Pray also for the other projects, dressmaking & baking etc. to take off as soon as possible. May God bless their efforts to bless the community for His glory.
- Pray for laborers for His harvest field be raised in this community. For wisdom for the leaders to discern who to concentrate on helping, who are faithful, available & teachable.
- Pray for the prompt release of guardianship approval for Nathan Manubay.
- Pray for complete healing for Zayra, a teenager, anak ni Jhast Baret. Pray for correct diagnosis for her non-normal menstrual period. Recently she was brought again to the hospital.
A. Western Visayas
- 🙏 Please pray for the students for wisdom in doing their thesis and coping up their exams and requirements in school
- 🙏Pray for more students to join the SBC and monthly fellowship for CPU Navs.
- 🙏Pray for the returning of the hearts of the students to God after a long time of silence.
- 🙏Pray for physical healing and growth in the faith of PJ (CPU Nav contact)
- 🙏Wisdom, guidance and courage regarding the desire to have a ministry car for Iloilo Navs.
- 🙏More opportunities to share the Gospel to the campus and community.
- 🙏Continued healing for Algrace’s brother Arthur. Also understanding about love and forgiveness for him.
- 🙏Healing for Chiqui as she continues to have the therapy needed for healing.
- 🙏Pray for a team for Ate Con for the Pioneering ministry in Bacolod.
- 🙏Strength and guidance for Kuya Rudy Arabejo as he pioneers the ministry expansion in Capiz.
- 🙏Wisdom, guidance and strength for Yannicks and Ring2 as they continue to do ministry in Cadagmayan, Sta. Barbara.
- 🙏More laborers in the campus ministry
- 🙏 More ministry partners to get involve and help to support the work in the campus
- 🙏 Spiritual growth of the new contacts as they continue to join in their weekly Bible Studies
- 🙏 More student leaders will rise up and help reaching out their classmates and helping them to grow deep in the Word and Prayer.
- 🙏 They will be able to experience God’s faithfulness and abundant provisions for their studies and for their family members
- 1. Pray for Feleumar Caracut, as he leads bible study to his neighbors in Tabili, Catmon, Cebu. Brgy. Tabili is 8 kms away from the main road where he constructs a small farm. He envisions to make it as a “go to” place for Nav contacts.
- Pray for Vic Marcojos as he gives care and ride to Elen, his wife, who needs to be dialysed 3x a week. Pray for financial provisions too. Praise God that in spite of their difficulties, they still engage in Cebu PLC.
- Pray for God’s healing grace upon Cindy Moreno. She was hospitalised recently for low platelet count. Pray that her doctor be given wisdom to properly diagnose her problem and be given help. Pray for Jaime, her brother as he cares together with their mother.
- Pray for the Cebu PLC to be able to visit Escalante, Negros Oriental to assist Maricon Elloran and the alumni living there to start a Nav ministry.
- Pray for Gretchen Ompad, as she regularly visits Olango Island (part of Lapu-lapu City) to minister to the children in Barangay Asinan.
- Pray for Ammi Lopez as she influences her siblings and pamangkins in their neighborhood for Christ. That she may continue to be on-fire, beaconing the life and light of Christ in her area of influence.
- Pray with Sonnie Monsanto, as she plans to stay in CTU (Cebu Technological University) until age 65. CTU has been a source of Bible Study (BS) contacts through her.
- Jerpri Medillo.
a. Pray for the restoration of internet connections of the students so they can resume their online bible studies
b. Pray for more young professionals to help the campus ministry in Cebu
- Pray with Cebu PLC to encourage older alumni to join the task the Almighty God has assigned to us. There are several that are inactive.
- Pray for Noel Malinao – wisdom, strength, spiritual fortitude, and perseverance as he functions as Deputy Central Visayas coordinator while Bobet Caracut is on leave ‘til May 2022.
- Gary and Delia Leath
a. For God’s sustaining grace and healing for Cindy as she journeys in this illness. That God would prepare her heart whatever is the result of her bone marrow biopsy. For availability of people to donate blood whenever needed. For God’s provision for her subsequent treatment. Wisdom for her doctor to diagnose correctly and administer the treatment plan. Good health for Jaime and Raquel and their mom and Ben as they all attend to Cindy and protection from COVID.
b. For all the planned activities for the month of April would be an encouraging time for all of us. Safety in traveling and whole time at the island.
• Whole day retreat on April 18 with the Abide in Christ BS group with the Older alumni at Shalom Center in Busay, Lahug.
• Young Married Couples outing in Sta. Fe, Cebu April 22-24.
• Abide in Christ BS group outing in Sta. Fe, Cebu April 24-27.
- Praise God that Miguela Dico, Febe Orbe’s auntie is on her way to recovery. She is now able to to urinate and is practicing to walk. Pls continue to pray for patience for her daughter Rachel as she attends to her mom.
- Two YPs were recently hospitalized for heart problem and pneumonia. They have been discharged but need to take some precautions. Pls pray for complete healing. As they go back to work, pls pray for Punky and Kattylyn to listen to their bodies.
- As Lyre Espada-Murao serves as Chancellor of UP Mindanao, pls pray that she would lead with integrity of heart and skillful hands (Psalm 78:72). Pray for wisdom in managing people and making decisions.
- Some members of Davao SBCs hold supervisory/managerial positions in their companies. Pls pray for discernment and wise judgment in decision-making.
- Some Bangkal Nav contacts are graduating from high school. Pls pray for scholarships or part-time jobs for them to be able to pursue college education.
- Fe and Cesar Adegue are tasked to attend seminars until April and May respectively over and above their usual workload in their offices. The seminars involve attending lectures, participating in discussions, return demos, doing assignments and taking exams. Pls pray for God’s wisdom and enabling and perseverance and healthy coping with the accompanying stresses. Pray their kids would understand and could cope with least assistance and supervision from them.
- The Davao PLC team is now formulating their job description. Pls pray for realistic, achievable JD considering they are all working people with 2 leading their own SBCs. Pray the other members would also reach out to their circle of influence and form their own SBCs.
- Pls pray for those in our different SBCs to be diligent students of the Word and resulting to greater intimacy with God, deeper understanding of the Gospel and Christ-honoring lives. Pray for deeper understanding and appreciation of the Gospel for the SBCs studying the book of Romans and more enriching conviction on and experience of its transforming power.
- For the Lord to continue to prosper the business ventures (dormitory, farm, WrapNHop, Dandoms, cakes and pastries, construction, supplements, machineries, engineering services) of some Davao Navs and jobs of the working people (especially those that need to meet quota) despite the pandemic.
- Many of the Davao young professionals are health workers (doctors, nurses, medtechs). Please pray for God’s special protection for them against COVID and all its variants.
- Many working people in Davao report to their offices for work on certain days of the week if not daily. Some go on travels as part of their jobs. Please pray for protection against COVID for them, especially those that commute to work.
- Pls pray for God’s special anointing for those in charge in planning for the relevant and fitting topics for the monthly TipTalk and Salusalo ng mga Guro. Praise God for the TipTalk last April 2 on “Befriending your Emotions: Don’t Let Them Control You”. Pray lasting and powerful impact in the lives of the Nav youth.
- The Southern Mindanao team is considering pioneering work among focused group. Pls pray for laborers with heart and skills for this special ministry. In our monthly prayer time, we listen to friends who are involved in the ministry to the focused group and pray for them. The latest were Cris and Dottie. We are deeply blessed.
- Joyce’s dissertation was reviewed by the Brokenshire Ethics Committee. They said it’s well written. It was returned to her Monday (April 4) for some revisions due next Thursday (April 14). Pls pray for God’s wisdom, strength and enabling as Joyce does the revisions on top of her schoolwork.
- for wisdom for Deah Carido, Arzil Jhean Bucog, Myson Ramos, Justin Digamo, Jun Amie Apor and Juliefel Miculob as they take their weekly exams in Medicine
- Justin Digamo was exposed to a classmate. Pls pray for strong immune system to fight off the virus.
- for patient and godly response for Jaja Medrano-Brilata to her colleagues
We are all concerned about the events unfolding in Ukraine. Here is the latest update on the situation…
Did you know?
Navigator ministries have thrived in Ukraine since the 1990s. And Ukraine has shown greater response to the gospel than many other former Soviet states, with vibrant churches growing and missionaries being sent out.
The good news
Our two American Navigator missionary families were safely evacuated out of Ukraine a few weeks before the Russian invasion. These missionary families relocated to Hungary and are currently laboring alongside the Navigator team in Budapest. Our missionaries are maintaining daily communications with many Ukrainian Navigator friends. One of these missionary families has served in Ukraine for nearly 17 years, and the other missionary family has served for several years. the sad news Many of our Ukrainian Navigator friends are in real danger. Some are staying in the Navigator office in Kyiv, some are hunkering down in their apartments, some have been able to flee to outlying villages, some are still trying to find a way out of the city, and some are gearing up to defend Kyiv. Our Ukrainian Navigator friends report seeing shortages of food, water, electricity, and gasoline. A quote from one of the Ukrainian Navigator friends: “Thank you for the prayers. I feel the encouragement. I am calm. How beautiful it is to live with God. Now every morning I begin my day with prayer. Praise God. He has everything under control. I ask you to pray for my sister. They are panicking. Also, please pray for my boss at work, Alexander and his son, also Alexander. They became soldiers to defend Kyiv. “
Another American Navigator missionary couple and two single American Navigator missionaries are also being evacuated out of the region. More may follow if established thresholds for action are reached. The crisis in Ukraine opens wonderful opportunities to share the good news of Jesus Christ, but it also presents real dangers for our staff in the region. We want to walk by faith — not in fear, and not in foolishness.
How to pray
🙏 pray that peace would prevail
🙏 pray for the practical needs of the Ukrainian people
🙏 pray that Ukrainian believers would abound with faith, hope, and love
🙏 pray that Ukrainian churches would shine brightly for Jesus
🙏 pray that this conflict would further the gospel and multiply laborers for the harvest
🙏 pray for the well-being of our evacuated missionaries as they grieve deeply for Ukraine
🙏 pray for wisdom if other evacuations become necessary a key bible passage Many of our Navigator staff in Eurasia have identified Psalm 46 as a key passage for seeking God in the midst of this crisis. Would you consider adding this passage to your Bible reading plan as a way to unite with our staff in the region and as a guide for your own prayers?
Opportunities for giving
Here are three opportunities for giving to help those caught up in the crisis:
1) Giving to advance the gospel through the Ukraine Navigators
2) Giving to the needs of our evacuated missionaries
3) Giving to humanitarian relief efforts through organizations like World Vision or Samaritan’s Purse
Let’s pray for Arvee. Arvee is daughter Kuya Rely and Ate De Vito, our former National Director. According to the Family of Kuya rely “They have diagnosed Arvee with leptomeningeal carcinomatosis. Cancer cells spread to the membrane of her spinal cord. They say it’s very hard to treat. The cancer has spread uncontrollably in her body. Started on the lungs to brain and spine now!! we don’t fully agree with the conventional treatment done on her but nothing we can do. We are looking for alternative natural treatment now. Chemotherapy and radiation did not work for her, makes it worse. So we appreciate your prayers! Let’s also contribute whatever God prompts us. You can give through GoFund, or you can also course through the Nav Office.
Please include to pray for Charles Mateo Placido, our grandson’s upcoming surgery (cleft pallet) on April 5. Pray for successful operation, wisdom for the Drs and no complications, protection from virus as well. Adjustment for Virgie in her new job starting 3rd week of April. God’s healing for Naomi’s knee injury. May God give her desire to come back to Him.
Answered Prayers and Praises
“Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” Psalm 103:1-5, NIV
- Gary and Delia Leath
a. Our visit with Nong Ike’s daughter, Judydel and her family (husband Buddy Li and children: Tricia, Dave and Joshua) in Labangon. Gary shared the Chinese characters with Biblical content.
b. Safe arrival of my sister Judy and her husband Mike from the U.S.
c. Availability of hotel rooms in Beach Placid in Sta. Fe for our two BS groups this April.
d. Benign Biopsy result of Gary’s 2 growths on his left arm and lower back
- Antipolo Navs Community
Thank God for the committed Team of Laborers in Antipolo community. Thank God for the Bayanihan spirit as the community worked on urban gardening.