Issue No. 4 • April 2021
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
I. National Prayer Requests
- Pray for love, unity and renewed zeal for the Lord among all Nav staff and contacts in pursuing our UMD.
- Pray for humility before the Lord and with one another as we serve the Lord together.
- Thank God for all the prayer and financial supporters of the Navigator ministry. May the Lord wonderfully bless them in all aspects and grant them remarkable success.
“With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith.” 2 Thessalonians 1:11
- Northern Luzon (Baguio, La Trinidad, Cabanatuan, Munoz, Ilocos)
- Formation of team of laborers in the regions (CAR, Regions 1, 2 & 3)
- Availability among our alumni to form their own small groups
- Good health among our staff and constituents
- Protection for all from Covid-19
- New jobs for those who got laid off
- Total recovery from stroke of Lawrence Esguerra, Associate Staff
- Metro Manila
- Ammi Lopez
- For God’s continuous blessing of growth for each one of us and all the members in our different Bible studies
- Wisdom, strength, and joy in doing online ministries
- An ever deepening intimacy with the Lord Jesus through the study of His word and prayer
- Salvation for all my unsaved family members/loved ones
- For God to open more opportunities for evangelism
- God’s continuous protection from the COVID virus and all its variants
- Safety and protection for my flight to Cebu on May 10. Please pray for a smooth transition.
- Gloria Saguit
- Zoom every 3rd Saturday of the month- for all staff to have refreshing time together in the Word & with one another. May the Lord use this time to encourage all staff in pursuing the unified ministry direction- for His glory alone
- Wisdom for the Overseers as they plan and execute what the Lord wants
- Comfort for all who are mourning especially the de Leons
- For Covid cases to decrease & face-to-face classes to resume ASAP
- Good health for all of Nav family & protection from the evil one
- Nav Office
- Protection from Covid-19 virus of the staff and their respective families. Strong immune system
- To hire a trusted driver/liaison staff
- Increased sales for NavLit
- To update recording and report backlogs.
- Complete FS annual audit report.
- Update at SEC
- UP Diliman Navs
- We may execute our plans well
- New students to come to TNT (Tuesday Nights Together)
- More people to commit in the ministry
- We may grow deeper as we discuss His attributes this semester
- Guidance and wisdom to the people/leaders who are handling TNT
- Protection and strength for everyone
- Ammi Lopez
- Antipolo (Willy Manubay)
- Pray for the ministry team at Antipolo Navs to be united in love and purpose in serving the Lord, God’s continuous provision to community members as they face the second week of ECQ, that none will be infected with Covid among the poor in the community.
- Pray for me and Diane as we stay at home as first protocol for seniors. Pray for quality time with God these days, and for God’s protection from the evil one
- South Luzon
- Growth in the faith of new believers in San Pablo City and in Tiaong, Quezon as workers serve /love them and Bible studies are held with them;
- Wisdom for Region 4 Team (Wency, Rico Albaño, Jun Espiritu, and Nani Romero) in making decisions regarding ministry expansion;
- Protection from Covid 19 infection and good immunity for all Nav & CHAI people and their respective families and communities;
- Openness to the gospel of the youth and mothers of Villegas community in Los Baños who are involved in Bible studies so that they will come to know Jesus as Lord and Savior;
- Application of the principles of holism and empowerment in all ministry areas in SL resulting in empowered communities and individuals living a loving and purposeful life;
- Wisdom, creativity, and courage as we consider the impact of the current pandemic situation in doing ministry;
- Growth in faith of all people involved in the Navs & CHAI as all staff and elder members continue to care for them in many aspects of life, help them make convictions based on God’s word through Bible studies/discussions/storytelling, and develop them as co-laborers;
- Willingness of all Nav staff and CHAI volunteers including the Los Baños leadership team (Bert Tagalog, Rene Vega, Val Madrid, and Lawrence Uy) to always embrace the will of God as well as serve and love people into the Kingdom of God.
- More positive responses from potential partners in the ministry of the new SL Nav staff
- Pray for Bobet Caracut as he leads & steers the ministry direction of Cebu Navs constituency. He (Bobet) is now in Pagadian to mourn for the death of his sister-in-law. Pray that he will effectively speak God’s Word of salvation to his relatives there.
- Pray also for our YCs (young couples) we haven’t heard much from them during the pandemic year.
- Pray for Gretchen Ompad (YP teacher) and her team for their outreach efforts in sitio Asinan, Olango island, Lapu-Lapu city. May God keep the fire burning in their heart, and have a harvest of souls.
- Gretchen Ompad
- God`s leading in ministry of Asinan in Olango. If it’s His will to stay and continue the outreach or find another community, considering the community near at home. There are children and adults in that community. Pray that God will prepare their hearts.
- Pray for 1 or 2 laborers from the students in Asinan who are teachable and available heart to allow God for them to grow. Pray for Kat, Kim, Rudelyn and Elmie that will continue to have thirst to know Christ and to make Christ known for the advancement of His kingdom.
- Spiritual growth for Theresa and God`s leading in Lapu-Lapu community, to touch and encourage the hearts of believers to grow in Christlikeness.
- Cebu Technological University Main (Sonnie Monsanto)
- PERSONAL: To focus on God’s Glory, to trust and obey God’s Truth and Grace… as Risen Jesus Christ defeated the deepest pit of sin – my sins: putting an end to all my fears, my anxieties, my failures – and be sensitive to God’s voice and leading thru His Word and Counsel from Christian leaders and friends, as I am contemplating of retiring from my work at 60 as an instructor in a state university
- Matthew 9:38 That God will send men and women as laborers for the harvest in CTU:
- Right now, an immediate need of an OFFICE ASSISTANT for me to cope with the present work load in the offices I’m handing-NSTP, DRRM, Community Welfare and with the students-ROTC, QRT, and DOST SA CTU
- God-appointed NSTP DIRECTOR to be trained, to replace me when I retire so as to maintain our contact, a way to continue the flow of the Gospel inside the Campus and if possible to the external Campuses.
- Gary and Delia Leath
- Complete healing of Ate Delia’s eyes
- 92a visa application for Kuya Gary – be able to contact Houston consulate; all the needed documents be acceptable to Consulate; expedited release and be picked up.
- Kuya Gary’s personal time with Caleb on Tuesdays at 5:30-6:30am
- For Blessings of Hope (Lani Gador-Johnson)
- Ministry restructuring/redirection: Enter into community immersion with corresponding Program Assistant personnel of at least 2 (right now, we are partnering with 3 local churches).
- Wisdom in decision-making if we maintain or stop partnership with respective local churches. And if we do continue partnership, until what extent or capacity.
- Manageable personal life situations (being administrator to 2 elderly parents) so as not to hamper ministry functions.
- Western Visayas
- For Nav alumni’s active participation to get involved in the ministry to gather them and have fellowship and unity
- Bible studies of students on line good internet connections, strength and wisdom as they have their hectic schedules in doing their requirements and answering their modules etc., more time in studying God’s Word
- Protection from Covid infection of all contacts and family members
- God’s faithfulness of provisions for all staff’s fundraising and God’s intervention of bringing more people to be partners in the ministry
- Wisdom and strength as we lead and empower more students and contacts as they grow and have more intimacy with the Lord.
- Setting time and putting priority to gather and pray as a group.
- Protection of RJ Tamayo, Mama Conching, Betchie and the family of Ester Viva sa Davao from COVID 19, including the whole Navs in Koronadal City, South Cotabato
- Strength, wisdom and guidance of Alvin Navs staff in Koronadal as he do the Navs ministry and availability of Navs alumni to cooperate with Alvin.
- Wisdom in performing our job Bing Carido, Helen Vellame, Roger and Jeanna. Leo Santos.
- Blessing and favor for the business of Leo Santos and Jeanna Tamayo.
- Iligan City
- Thanksgiving to God for His Faithful provision of needs and protection for our (Jeks) family.
- For God’s comfort and strength and protection for the Navs family in Iligan.
- That God will continue to sustain Jonalyn Dandasan’s family (especially her mom Elsa and sister Hazel).
- For Nimfa’s. friend, Procie, who has thyroid papillary carcinoma, she’s just been operated and will be undergoing radiation therapy after her swab test on April 7. Please pray for physical, spiritual & financial provision.
- For those attending our virtual BS, to continue to learn about the goodness of God that may lead them to have faith in Christ and be saved. And for those who are already in the faith , to be encouraged to share the gospel to others.
- CDO Navs
- Please pray for the Nav home that more boarders will rent to maintain the center.
- Southern Mindanao
- For Victoleros
- Protection from covid especially as we are seniors & Joyce is immuno-compromised and Joan works in the hospital; Junjun & Jonathan goes to their offices to work.
- Project Paquibato – Eseng raises chickens to give to indigent contacts in that area for their allowance; for funds and able, hardworking, honest worker to assist.
- For commitment, excitement and availability of the teachers we are training to be laborers.
- For wisdom as we program the messages and speakers for Salusalo ng mga Guro at TipTalk; discernment of the needs of the youth/teachers and speakers with expertise and values relevant to the messages.
- For all those in our BS groups to grow in love with, worship of and service of the Lord Jesus Christ; for meaningful discussion of and enriching fellowship around God’s Word.
- For Orbes
- Pau to continually be get adjusted with her work conditions/team, weather.
- Carlo to be able to comply all scholastic requirements (graduating).
- Febe, – wisdom to undertake my office tasks especially on decisions that the BAC will take on matters of procurement nga di mi magkamali.
- Carl & Febe good health/ discipline (diet / exercise).
- Fred Nadela
- Continue to pray for protection from the virus, as Belinda, Charlyn and Ipay are always at risk as frontliners. Belinda has just been exposed to a patient who turned out to be Covid positive. Pray that they will get vaccinated soon.
- For Charlyn to have an uneventful pregnancy and delivery of a healthy baby. Charlyn suffers from preeclampsia.
- Wisdom on how we still can connect with the kids. We plan to distribute activity modules for them but we have not really coordinated on how we can do this.
- Hazel continues to suffer from autoimmune illness and back problem. Pray for alleviation from pain and that there will be a permanent cure for her illnesses.
- Praise God for good health and for all the provisions He has given us in the midst of this crisis.
- For Victoleros
Please pray for the Nav constituents who are currently suffering from COVID-19. Their names were removed from this article for privacy purposes and are available from the Philnavs Facebook group.
- Malaysia (Benjamin Cheng)
- Ben is still quite sick. PRAY His pneumonia – antibiotics will be effective, he is able to cough up the gunk/phlegm and lungs clear up No new blood clots and complete healing from the brain surgery Pray that the vegetation in the heart valve will miraculously clear and the valve is not damaged. Pray that the power that the Father exerted when he raised Christ from the dead will work in Ben’s body, that God will do immeasurably more than all we ask or think.
- Pray God’s Name will be exalted among the nations. Let us wait expectantly as we lay our requests before Him.
Answered Prayers and Praises
“Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” Psalm 103:1-5, NIV
- Praises to the LORD for His continuous protection for us from covid for over a year now
- We praise God for the ongoing online ministries in every ministry area
- Praise God for the newly formed PhilNavs National Prayer Team and the Resource and Development Committee
Benjamin Cheng (Son of Allan Cheng) (Malaysia Navs)
- Ben again had a number of tests/procedures done including an angiogram. Praise God for answered prayer as we cry with joy at Gods kindness, love and power. His brain is clear of any “pouches”. His blood is clear of staph, his spinal fluid is clear. The tube has just been taken out.
For South Luzon division
Thanks and Praises to God for –
- the positive responses of some people contacted by the new SL staff to be partners in ministry in prayers and regular financial support.
- Intern staff: Rico & Lea Albaño, Loloy & Nhidz Aparato, Chq Eumag, and Ed & Jen Matundan
- Associate staff: Romy & Luz Hernandez)
- the online Bible studies and team meetings that enable the members to have regular feeding from the Word and encouragement from one another;
- God’s faithful and gracious provisions that come in different forms to all SL Nav staff and CHAI volunteers in Los Banos, Naga and Tabaco.