WHO IS AT WORK?
As we vigorously pursue our calling and vision it is very easy to forget WHO is really working. We thought that ministry will work because of our clear direction and focus. Let us see who is at work on the different task that we want to do:
ON BUILDING LOVING COMMUNITY
- Mat 16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
- Psa 127:1 Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.
ON RAISING UP LABORERS
- Joh 10:16 And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.
- Joh 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.
- Joh 6:65 And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”
- Joh 15:26 -27 “But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.
ESTABLISHING – DISCIPLESHIP
- Ezekiel 36:26–And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
- Philippians 1:6–And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
- Jeremiah 32:38-40–And they shall be my people, and I will be their God. I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear me forever, … And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me.
- Php 2:13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.
- Heb 13:20 -21 Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
- Eph 4:11-12 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,
ENGAGING – Sending
- Mat 9:37-38 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”
It is crystal clear that we are not the main actor in what we do. The results is totally depends on God. That is the reason why we need to depend on Him in prayer. Jesus said “Joh 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.”
Dependence on God is expressed in Prayer and Fasting. When we work, we work but when we pray God works. Only God can accomplish our calling and Vision that He gave us.
No spiritual breakthrough without prayer. Ministry is a Spiritual Battle. It is a clash of two kingdoms. God is advancing His Kingdom towards Satan’s kingdom. So Ministry is never won in the flesh and good and organized ministry strategy. So we have our 2019 Focus #2. Prayer.
2019 FOCUS # 2: PHILNAVS PRAYER MOVEMENT
We must pray. Two of our Core Values are related to prayer and dependence on God:
- The leading and empowering of the Holy Spirit.
- Expectant faith and persevering prayer rooted in the promises of God.
What we will do so that the culture of prayer will be develop among us:
The National Prayer Team (NPT):
- Will be collecting prayer requests from all levels of ministry and from Individuals. (Glo Saguit: Luzon, Ammi Lopez: Visayas, And Jean Migraso: Mindanao)
- They will Collate all the prayer requests and and list of answered Prayers publish it monthly a Prayer Bulletin (Hannah Enriquez)
- The NPT declare once a month Prayer and Fasting.
- We have created our PhilNavs Prayer Movement Page. You post your prayer concerns there and come to that page anytime anywhere and pray for the prayer request shared. Like it so that you will be alerted if someone posted a prayer request there. Here is the LINK
The Local Ministry Area:
- Shall meet regularly for prayer in small groups or big groups (Day in Prayer, Night in Prayer, Prayer walks, Prayer breakfast etc)
- Shall assign prayer Coordinator who shall lead the prayer movement in the Local area and shall collect all the prayer concern and send it to the NPT point persons. Then Print and distribute the Prayer Bulletin prepared by the NTP.
- Shall Designate a prayer corner in the ministry centers where the Prayer Bulletin and other prayer concerns dropped by anybody are found and anybody can come and pray alone, by two’s or by group.
- Shall spend time praying in their every meeting. Pray for one another and praying using the Prayer Bulletin.
- Bring the Prayer Bulletin always with you and pray for them in your quite time, while traveling or personally spend time in prayer.
- Pray for brother and sister that you meet. Before you part ways, pray for him/her.